How I spent my summer vacation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 mach 1, 73 fastback, 07 f150, , 09 HD ultra classic
I think butchers lived here. I didn't know any better when I bought this place but the more I looked the less I liked. I've been trying to return this house back to what I think it should look like. They said the guy would drink a bunch of beer.Then get the saw out and start cutting. I put shorter windows in and brought the roof line back up to meet the siding. Oh and the black hole. It had a window for the third bedroom he designed. He moved load bearing walls 4ft. I had at least 3 water leaks in this area. What a money-pit. Roofers are coming in 2 weeks. Roof and chimney tear-out $7600+. Of course I need siding too. After 2 wks I had 1500- 1800 unread post.

http://s841.photobucket.com/albums/zz340/machman_73/How%20I%20spent%20my%20summer%20vacation/?albumview=slideshow

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a 1940. I got it pretty cheap 7 yrs ago. Put at least 15k in it and then the housing market dropped. I'm going to keep plugging away but I know I won't make any money on this so-called investment.:(

Hey Roy. What does WOW mean. I did a good job or what a bunch of butchers?

It was 105-115 heat index the whole time. South side of the house. Just about over did it. It only rained 1 day in 2 wks. I got lucky. Once I started there was no turning back. You know I didn't have one visitor in 2 weeks.:huh: I don't have any kids so that is a spoiled cat your looking at.

It's a 1940. I got it pretty cheap 7 yrs ago. Put at least 15k in it and then the housing market dropped. I'm going to keep plugging away but I know I won't make any money on this so-called investment.:(

Hey Roy. What does WOW mean. I did a good job or what a bunch of butchers?
Wow ::goodjob:: and Wow looks like I did the first work:p

I think butchers lived here. I didn't know any better when I bought this place but the more I looked the less I liked. I've been trying to return this house back to what I think it should look like. They said the guy would drink a bunch of beer.Then get the saw out and start cutting. I put shorter windows in and brought the roof line back up to meet the siding. Oh and the black hole. It had a window for the third bedroom he designed. He moved load bearing walls 4ft. I had at least 3 water leaks in this area. What a money-pit. Roofers are coming in 2 weeks. Roof and chimney tear-out $7600+. Of course I need siding too. After 2 wks I had 1500- 1800 unread post.

http://s841.photobucket.com/albums/zz340/machman_73/How%20I%20spent%20my%20summer%20vacation/?albumview=slideshow
It looks like progress is being made, keep up the good work. It will pay off soon. My first house was built in 1922. It took considerable work but it served me and mine well for a few years. It really can be worse, we had a 17.5 % "Note" (1982). I actually sold it for plus in 1985. It was in the aromatic town of Decatur, Illinois:p Hang in. Chuck

Nice work! The cat doesn't seem to impressed though! LOL

The end result looks much better. I am right there with ya on house work taking priority over car work. Got to keep the Ms. happy if I am going to negotiate some money out of the budget for body work.

my house is the same, just tore off a 6 year old roof and had a new one installed for around $10K, had to do the garage roof as well because the same drunk roofer did both my house and garage.

now i've discovered a carpenter ant problem and i can't find what moisture they are using for water i suspect the front porch but its very hard to pinpoint, have to go up on a ladder this weekend and throw some sealant around.

Latest posts

Back