• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hurst mounting bracket

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikroy57

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
Hey guys,

Im looking For the mounting bracket for the Hurst shifter on my 4 speed toploader. P/N is supposed to be D1ZZ-7E046-B.

Any idea where i can find it, or if i dont have the right P/N ?

If your car has a 351 then the D1ZZ-7E046-B (D1ZA-7E046-BA) would be the correct bracket. It's a 71-73 part but rarely seen for sell. If a 71 and 429 powered then D1ZZ-A would be the bracket you need. But with one year fitment finding one involves a lot of luck! We have two Vender/Forum members who have parts cars and would be a good place to start. (Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply and Mike @ Motor City Mustang). If they don't have anything then I would try West Coast Cougars. https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/d1zz-7e046-b.html

D1ZA-7E046-BA_01.jpg

Yeah exactly, its a 351.

I will look with these guys mention above, but as you said, it is rarely ss it for sale.

Ive found one on ebay at 200$, it way too much for a machined plate, some guys try to make money ...

Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, what is the difference between D1ZZ-7E046-B & (D1ZA-7E046-BA) ?

Steve, what is the difference between D1ZZ-7E046-B & (D1ZA-7E046-BA) ?
erikroy57, the D1ZA-7E046-BA is the engineering number assigned by the design/powertrain engineers for assembly plant use and later for parts ID. After being released by the engineers for service part use, Parts and Service division assigns part numbers to each part and places them in the parts system. In most cases the part # and the ID # closely resemble each other. Such as the D1ZZ-7E046-B plate you need.

It's been awhile since I owned a 4sp car so I don't really have a good ideal what kind of $$ these parts are worth. The sources posted above all sound good and someone may have what you need. The one posted by West coast Cougars shows $134.87

I checked the listings for 70-73 Torino/Gran Torino which also used a Hurst shifter, but the plate is different.

Latest posts

Back