I pulled it out and was caught today

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 460 crites headers,summit cam ,edelbrock dual plane hi-rise intake,edelbrock 780 carb,C-6 trans,Pertronix flamethrower 2 billet distributor & coil
That's right , I pulled it out today , (from the garage for the first time in almost 6 months) and was seen by people around town . And it felt so good , :D I really missed that damn old mustang .:p Picked up my 13 yr old from school and she told me everyone said "look at that car " , to which she said , yeah it's my ride home . Insert proud Dad grin here .:p Thank god I have you guys to keep me sane all winter , but it was so awesome to get behind the wheel again , I'm sure most of you know what I mean . Ah the smell of no cats and a touch of rubber .:rolleyes:

That's great the 13 YO's are impressed with the looks of the 71/73's. You may be inspiring a future owner. I'm out of town so mine won't be out of the garage until after Easter.

Kermit, is she grabber lime? Mine was originally grabber lime and I just showed my wife your car and said " is this color too much", to which she replied, it's kind of fun with a big grin on her face. Have a fun spring driving her!

Kermit, is she grabber lime? Mine was originally grabber lime and I just showed my wife your car and said " is this color too much", to which she replied, it's kind of fun with a big grin on her face. Have a fun spring driving her!
Yeah , it's grabber lime . It's funny , I've never been a huge fan of the color but in person it really does get your attention . It's a weird color to photograph though , in bright sunlight the pics look kinda yellow . It's one of those colors either people love or hate it .Strange thing in warm weather outside just before dusk it'll be crawling with bugs ,I don't know what the attraction to the color , but it's only the mustang , my pick up and wife's car won't have the insects attention ,weird.

Just wait until the producers of the Fast and the Furious finally stuff a '71-73 in one of their films.

Unfortunately, we all know it and a half-dozen stunt double cars will get wrecked (and someone will put a Japanese inline 6 in it - not that I'm complaining; could be worse), but the kids won't be talking about riceburners for a long time to come...

Heck - as lousy as the films are - the Charger fitted with the Superbird aero bits looked fantastic. Note that the rear wing was cut down to match the roofline. Pure customizing genius.

-Kurt

Strange thing in warm weather outside just before dusk it'll be crawling with bugs ,I don't know what the attraction to the color , but it's only the mustang , my pick up and wife's car won't have the insects attention ,weird.

I have seen the same thing with my Gold Glow Mach 1. I see the bug phenomenon at car shows and meet/greats all the time. My car will have bugs all over it and my wife's car and the other cars around me don't have them. Maybe there is a scientific explanation for it?

I picked up my son at school a couple of weeks ago. He was with friends and told them that noise in the distance was his Dad coming to pick him up. I was at least four blocks away and accelerating hard onto a major street. He was thrilled that he was right!

Back