Idiot Lights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MustangMike

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible
Hi. Have a 1971 351 4V Convertible. Apart from the temp light flashing on when starting engine, my other three lights (brake, alternator, oil) no longer light up at all.

I can't remember when they actually should light up. Anyone point me in the right direction as to what the most likeliest cause of this issue might be?

Mike

They all share a RUN-only line to the circuit card, which is a fused signal. Check the fuse: second down on the right. Should be a 14 amp fuse.

Hi. Have a 1971 351 4V Convertible. Apart from the temp light flashing on when starting engine, my other three lights (brake, alternator, oil) no longer light up at all.

I can't remember when they actually should light up. Anyone point me in the right direction as to what the most likeliest cause of this issue might be?

Mike
Have you checked if the fuse was the issue? We'll be checking the wiring and fuses of my buddy's uncle's 351 project right after we finished installing the skid plates and fishbone offroad bumper on the current Wrangler project. His uncle mentioned he replaced the fuse a couple of months ago, might check if the ports are corroded.

when I put in my new crate motor, I adding new after market gauges to replace the OEM ones in the console. no way I am going to trust my investment to idiot lights.

Back