If you could only choose 1 body-style?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I would ultimately have to go with the convertible! I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that I've owned both the coupe and sports roof cars and no drop-tops yet!

Thread bump.

I like all three for different reasons. I've owned more Mach 1s than I can easily remember but still own the 73 vert and plan to fix it up exactly how I want it.

I'm finding myself Jonsein' for a 'vert these days.

Gee thanks guys, for waving all those cool 'verts under our noses all this time. :shootself:

While not part of the 71-73 family, I've had coupes and a convertible of the "other" year Mustang group. I really like the muscular look of the Mach1 Sportsroof! I also enjoyed the top down crusin' in the convertible. So....It sounds like what I need is one of those rare Mach1 convertibles with the ultra-rare Boss 302. And we know they exist cause we've seen 'em on the internet! Let me see if I can find my order guide, I need to start picking out some colors and options! :whistling:

God that's a tough one but here goes. I'm going to say convertible. My dad owned one and I loved cruising around topless in the summer and the girls all loved it to. Great memories were made in that car and given my choice I'd trade my Mach1 for a equally nice Vert.

Has to be convertible hands-down (top-down LOL) for me!

Had it for a while now and remember back in the day it had no problem holding its own against other high performance cars. Didn't always outrun them but it did quite well against some very heavy hitters. So for a heavy convertible it ran quite well.

A 1971 or 1972 performance based convertible for me is my favorite.

After that I would have say any factory performance optioned 71 or 72 Mustang of any body type.

Ray

God that's a tough one but here goes. I'm going to say convertible. My dad owned one and I loved cruising around topless in the summer and the girls all loved it to. Great memories were made in that car and given my choice I'd trade my Mach1 for a equally nice Vert.
mrmach1, you had to know it was coming. Just exactly who was topless while all those memories were being made? Car, you, the girls, all three?! I had a girlfriend when stationed in GA that had a yellow 67 Mustang convertible, and I have some nice topless memories from that car. Your comment took me back to that time for a "AHHH" moment. Thank You!! :p

Convertible for the top down fun.

Now, if the question was, 'If they only built one of the three styles, which one'? I would go with sports roof. It defines our model year.

mrmach1, you had to know it was coming. Just exactly who was topless while all those memories were being made? Car, you, the girls, all three?! I had a girlfriend when stationed in GA that had a yellow 67 Mustang convertible, and I have some nice topless memories from that car. Your comment took me back to that time for a "AHHH" moment. Thank You!! :p

lollerz :goodpost:

I have a 73 'vert and 71 Grande, and would love to add a fastback to the collection, but would prefer the fastback to be a 68 or 69. That being said I'm going to vote for the convertible, something about the top down, and oldies on the radio being the ultimate in Americarna!

Since I ordered a 73 Mach 1 new I would still go that way. I do have several convertibles but they always have their issues. With the top down on a vert you will get sun burnt and not know it until too late, lol. If there is any dirt inside the car the air blowing around always seems to get it in your eyes. If you roll the vert your are dead or ground down shorter. Getting the boot on a vert is a pain unless the older models with snaps. There always seems to be something to spoil a new vert top, a spot, a tear, a ruffed up place.

If like most others the coupe is probably the best for autocross and drag probably a stiffer body. I don't know that. The coupes in the Fox bodies were always the stiffest and used on the strip and tracks here.

I am anxious to get one of my 65 verts ready to go and put the removable Towne Top hard top on it.

I also have had all three models over the years. The coupe was my first car, then Mach's for years, but always found the verts fun to drive. I guess at this stage it would be a vert with a BB... Now there's a surprise...

Back