Ignition lock

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if you are aware of the fact that the keys for Ford only use one side to open the lock. It has the notches on both sides so it works either way you insert it. So that being said you can cut the ignition key on one side to fit the new ignition switch and the other side for the door lock. You can file a notch on the side for the ignition and put the notch up for easy selection. I have done this on a couple of my cars. You can carry one set of keys for two cars also. Picture of one of the keys.

David

DSC00122.JPG

I know you said you plan on new tires an I'm glad to hear that.

Old tires pose a safety risk. Some folks choose to ignore that risk and for readers of this thread that are not educated on the subject, I encourage you to do a little research. Here is a starting point.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/tire_expire.htm

Everything in life carries some risk-best to approach it with knowledge and use that to make your decisions.

I don't know if you are aware of the fact that the keys for Ford only use one side to open the lock. It has the notches on both sides so it works either way you insert it. So that being said you can cut the ignition key on one side to fit the new ignition switch and the other side for the door lock. You can file a notch on the side for the ignition and put the notch up for easy selection. I have done this on a couple of my cars. You can carry one set of keys for two cars also. Picture of one of the keys.

David
Yes, I was aware of that and I planned to go have keys made like that rather than re-pin the doors.

Back