I'm a Leper

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a very nice looking Opel GT. Chuck
How dare you! 

(Actually,  now that the 70s/80s are long gone, it's okay to have a C3. Never really cared for side pipes, though, a little too flashy for my tastes. There was one a couple years ago on our local Craigslist that was tempting. It had the big glass hatch, but someone had put the 68-72 front and rear chrome bumpers and panels on it. Looked pretty cool.)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the other way around....

Well here's the news on this... 

The frame is as solid as an English castle, the trailing arms, half shafts, U joints, are perfect... the front has all been done - someone has even swapped all the rubber bushings for new- ...its a rebuild 350c, Edelbrock Carb and intake (do I turn it into a 383 stroker?) :classic_ninja:    Transmission is like new...all new rear suspension and shocks

...but.... However... noise from the rear as if U joints are cogging at very low RPM...The interior is a bit tatty - so I'm going to remake with new parts/carpets etc.

Turns out the Diff clutches (LSD) didn't like the fluid in there (suspect original goo from 1979  :classic_ohmy:  it damned well smelled  like it.. that charcoal smell I suspect was what Planet Earth smelled like when the primordial soup was in charge  :classic_unsure: ) 

- removed goo - gave diff a flush ...swapped out with Lucas 80 weight with the additive, new seals .... noise gone ..wooohoo  :wrench:    the reason I got it cheap was for that noise.  (bought from someone who only knows about puerile Porsche's and UK built rusting drivel)  :help:
Stole it for the vast UK equivalent sum at $9900 -- and compared to a Mustang it's like driving a roller skate. 

I still have enough out of my last sale to look for another 71-73 ...but the budget will be super tight... because since they hit their 50th Anniversary , the prices have shot up. 

I'm now off to buy my flared jeans - open to hairy chest and big gold medallion, check shirt with the huge collar and sporting a "viva Zapata" moustache.  :classic_laugh:   :biggrin:

I'll still support the forumz though ...and keep coming back in here to mercilessly take the piss out of all in here...especially the ten thumbed tone deaf, talentless noise polluters  :biggrin:  and you beered up 7173 grease monkeys  :beer:  

Holy fk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a good deal, even better nothing significant to deal woith. C3s are really fun cars, and a great platform to build up. I had a 79 that I "restomodded" with some suspension upgrades (tubular Upper/lower CAs, heim-joint strut rods, tower braces, stiffer springs with Bilstien sport shocks, lowered the car about 1 to 1.5 inches) - huge handling improvements. Coupled with a 427 SBC and a TKO 600, that car was an absolute blast to drive.

Unfortunately, I had to sell to offset the cost of the custody case I am fighting for my grandaughters. No regrets doing that, but someday I may take that plunge again.

IMG_2969.JPG

I love C3s - every time my wife sees one, she goes gaga.  I even told her I'd sell the Jeep if she wanted one... but, nope.  She's happy with her '15 Camaro RS, and until I become independently wealthy and build a new place with [at least] a 10-car garage, I'll just have to live vicariously through other C3 owners.

Looks like a solid car!  Enjoy!  I hope you can find the right '71-'73 Mach 1 to park next to it someday. 

I love C3s - every time my wife sees one, she goes gaga.  I even told her I'd sell the Jeep if she wanted one... but, nope.  She's happy with her '15 Camaro RS, and until I become independently wealthy and build a new place with [at least] a 10-car garage, I'll just have to live vicariously through other C3 owners.

Looks like a solid car!  Enjoy!  I hope you can find the right '71-'73 Mach 1 to park next to it someday. 
Maybe just to make you drool, here's a pic of my buddies 75 C3 Convertible. I know he won't mind me sharing this pic. I actually drool over this one too, but I won't tell my friend that. Other cars; another friend's 73 Torino with a 71 429 in it and my 71 Mach 1

IMG_0504 (3).jpg

Latest posts

Back