I'm Lazy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey gonna be lazy before doing my own research. Does any one know if 1971 and 1970 leaf springs are the same? Both have a 9 inch Rear end.

The reason I ask is the 70 will need a set and I'm thinking of buying the Calvert racing mono leaf.

Easy enough to measure from front bolt to rear bolt Roy, I'll do some research though.

Rumor has it 65-78 are the same

Last edited by a moderator:
i put 69 springs in my 73 prior to my mono leaf's because i wanted less than a 1 inch drop. the 73 is a little heavier so putting standard height 69 springs in would of dropped it a tad.

now 71 springs in a 69 will work but just be a tad stiffer. hell, they might really be the same spring.

the calvert mono leaf springs are great.

I believe the spring plates are the same, Ive got a 70 set on my 72 9" right now with 4 degree wedges.

Ok I finally got my answer yes they will fit and the rate is pretty close to the same. BUT talked with Calvert racing today and discussed what was going on with the wheel hop. I was very shocked when he told me that their shocks and mono leaf would not help me. He said its the 18 inch rims along with the small sidewalls and the only remedy was to go with a smaller rim and taller tire. I assured him that was not gonna happen so guess I will have to launch lightly the get into it. But at least he saved me several hundred dollars, thats something you dont see in a company today

Back