Inexpensive suspension parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazsper

Reaction score
My Car
1968 Coupe: 393w, TKO-600, Maier Racing springs, Global West suspension, Currie 9in with forged axles, 3.50 gears, Trutrac, Baer brakes front/rear
1973 Mach-1: 351c 4V, C-6, 3.73:1 gears and a long "To Do" list..
If you are looking for suspension parts, I found this on a Craigslist ad in the California Bay Area:

- We have some prototype and take-off parts from various projects around the shop. Here's your opportunity to pick up an awesome handling package for your car for half retail!

Please call Maier Racing at (510) 581-7600 and ask for Mike or Johnathon. We get many calls so please be specific on what you are looking for.

Thanks!

OEM Relocated uppers $300

-retail $600+

-fit 1967 - 1973

-super low miles

Springs $40

-two sets of 600 pound, one 700 and one 800

Custom remote reservoir shocks from the legendary Old Blue $200

Bilstein street shocks $100

-fits 64-73

Brand new Maier sheetmetal lower control arms $100

-come with brand new ball joints

-fits 68-73

-didn't meet cosmetic quality control

Moog lower control arms from Old Blue $50

Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 $1500

265/35/r18

-have 5 autocross events on them

-6 tires total

-retail $2000

Sounds like some good deals, to bad i'm on the other side of the country. I'm currently debating if i should redo the air shocks or switch to gas. I don't have much experience with air shocks so i'm really just considering tossing those out but a buddy of mine did that on his el camino and the rear end sat way to low. Not sure if he was just talking out is butt as i didnt actually see it, but got me thinking. I really want to get my car road worthy by spring.

Sounds like some good deals, to bad i'm on the other side of the country. I'm currently debating if i should redo the air shocks or switch to gas. I don't have much experience with air shocks so i'm really just considering tossing those out but a buddy of mine did that on his el camino and the rear end sat way to low. Not sure if he was just talking out is butt as i didnt actually see it, but got me thinking. I really want to get my car road worthy by spring.
With the air shocks

If you let out all the air - that should be at or real close to where gas shocks would make it sit at.

I have a car with air shocks I think my truck rides better, they ride rough.

With the air shocks

If you let out all the air - that should be at or real close to where gas shocks would make it sit at.

I have a car with air shocks I think my truck rides better, they ride rough.
Thanks Don for the input. that's what i'm afraid of. I think i will just get new air shocks for the rear.

I've heard people on this forum say how they wouldn't use air shocks because it's like almost not having a shock at all (If you pump them up too far). Instead of compressing, they put a lot of pressure on the floor of the car where they are mounted and could possibly punch through.

I don't know if it's true but I could see it happening.

Back