Insulation sound deadener

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
I did the Raamat under the jute-backed molded ACC cut-pile carpet in mine.  I had to replace floor pans, and didn't really care for the OE "loop-style" carpet, which is why I went with the cut-pile.

The Raamat (Dynamat, et al) is pretty easy to install.  Just peel, align, stick it down, and use a wall-paper seam roller to mash it flat.  Not only does it help with the sound resonance, it's also a thermal shield.  

Doing the roof made a huge difference, as Jeff mentioned - it went from a very tinny, resonating 'throng' with you tapped on the roof, to a much quieter dull 'thud' after applying the Raamat to the inside of the roof before re-installing the headliner.  I anticipate it'll help reflect some of the heat from the West Texas sun as well.

I used 3 35 sq. ft. kits to do mine - floor, firewall, roof, doors, quarters, and trunk.  The good thing is that it's significantly cheaper than Dynamat (probably 25-30% cheaper, as a matter of fact).

Hope that helps.
Is there any chance of the Dynamat getting hot and letting loose ?

I think this stuff is pretty heat resistant. I wire wheeled the entire inside of my Convertible, used rattle can etching primer and painted it black. Then I got 2 boxes of X-Mat from Eastwood (over 70 sf) and covered everything inside. Might buy another box to do wheel houses, trunk and inner 1/4 panels. I even put replacement sound deadening kit on top. Picture only shows about 75% being done.

Back