interior rear quarter trim

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlicitra

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Fastback
Hoping someone can help me. I bought new aftermarket rear quarter panels for my sons '73 fastback. They do not come with the cut outs for the rear seat belts. Does anyone have a template or any kind of dimensions that would tell me the size of the opening and its position? It would really be a big help. Thanks! T

I don't know about a '73, but my '71 fastback does not have the rear belts going through the rear quarters.

I don't know about a '73, but my '71 fastback does not have the rear belts going through the rear quarters.
'73s had retractors for the rear belts, which went through the quarter trim panels.

Can't help on the sizing, but there are also plastic guides that kept the belt from going back under the panel. You'll need those as well if you don't have them yet.

'73s had retractors for the rear belts, which went through the quarter trim panels.

Can't help on the sizing, but there are also plastic guides that kept the belt from going back under the panel. You'll need those as well if you don't have them yet.
Yeah, I picked up a pair of guides. Cutting out the size of the hole for the guide to go into is critical as is the position of the hole itself. That's why I was hoping somebody potentially had a template.

most people have the old panel to use as a template. the reproduction panel is also missing the re-enforcement plates on the back side that the originals have.

so most people rip those off the originals, use the original panel as a template for cutouts and cut and attach the parts as needed from the originals.

i had a set of reproduction panels, i gave them away about 3 years ago. they were basically the quality you would want on a drag only car where you wanted something used for the interior where you had bare metal and nothing more.

Back