Intro of Myself

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW are you a native Michigander? Where did you grow up?

East Detroit High School. Laid a lot of rubber on Gratiot and Lakeshore drive.

originally medium brown convertible that got painted red some time ago, running on painted over Magnum 500 rims.
First Mustang I had was the medium brown. That was actually one of the best paints....maybe not one of the best colors, but it was an outstanding paint.

Saw the video. Car looks and sounds great. The hood scoop looks good on your car(I am sure that is controversial).

How did it get to Luxembourg?

Don't you have Greenpeace people in Luxembourg? I would think they would have tagged your car by now.

My family did the Baltic cruise trip last year, our first time overseas. I felt so sorry for all these people not knowing what a real car looked, felt, smelled like.

Last edited by a moderator:
The hood scoop looks good on your car(I am sure that is controversial).
Funny thing is: It ain't. Have yet to meet a single person who doesn't like it.

Thanks for the kudos on the vid. It was fun to make it.

The car got to Luxembourg because it was ordered here. It is an export model (made in Dearborn) with metric gauges and almost full options. It has never been registered anywhere else. It's the only 71-73 I know of that has this background. Friend of mine has a "Luxembourg only" 69 convertible.

The Greenpeace people don't' run as fast as they think they do, so they leave me alone. They will keep us from driving our cars by gas prices though!

:dodgy:

WELCOME aboard, Zgw!

Based on your inferred experience in your "introduction", I believe you should be able to bring a LOT of positives to the Site.

As a retired 30-year Military and 15-year U.S.Treasury Investigator, I also developed a tendency to be "short", "crusty" and/or gruff at times with those who did not appear to share my core values. Funny thing, age seems to have tempered that tendency. I now get GREAT enjoyment from interacting with other people who may not always share my same approach but do share my affinity for the 1971 -1973 Mustangs.

As to "Posers", they are welcome here as one of our core approaches is to not denigrate anybody's approach to our shared hobby as it relates to the 1971 - 1973 Mustang. Anyone who has or have had their Mustang restored, modified or anything in between are welcome here. We believe and practice the belief that ALL are welcome to spend THEIR money on whatever approach they want to take within the hobby. If someone's approach is at "odds" with our individual approach, we tend to not post to that thread unless an opinion is asked by the poster.

That having been said, I find your "Intro" very entertaining and really look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

Again, Welcome!

BT

As to "Posers", they are welcome here as one of our core approaches is to not denigrate anybody's approach to our shared hobby as it relates to the 1971 - 1973 Mustang.

That having been said, I find your "Intro" very entertaining and really look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

Again, Welcome!

BT
I don't know the meaning of the word denigrate...I grew up as a Polish kid in Detroit, along with the Germans, the Italians and the Irish. If you didn't learn to take a joke, well you were out of luck.

LUXSTANG admitted being a poser...he took it in great stride. I only hope when I get done with my car, it is at least half as bad as his.

And lastly, are we allowed to denigrate Chevy owners?

As to "Posers", they are welcome here as one of our core approaches is to not denigrate anybody's approach to our shared hobby as it relates to the 1971 - 1973 Mustang.

Again, Welcome!

BT
I don't know the meaning of the word denigrate...I grew up as a Polish kid in Detroit, along with the Germans, the Italians and the Irish. If you didn't learn to take a joke, well you were out of luck.

LUXSTANG admitted being a poser...he took it in great stride. I only hope when I get done with my car, it is at least half as bad as his.

And lastly, are we allowed to denigrate Chevy owners?
Yes, we ACTUALLY have a Forum for that kind of stuff (LOL), it is called "Off Topic." We also allow a certain amount of leeway on the VIP Forum.

Again, I look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

BT

LUXSTANG admitted being a poser...he took it in great stride.
Hey, I am a guitar player in a rock band and I got long hair down to my (unfortunately expanding) waist!

If I ain't no poser, than who is!? :cool:

WELCOME aboard, Zgw!

Based on your inferred experience in your "introduction", I believe you should be able to bring a LOT of positives to the Site.

As a retired 30-year Military and 15-year U.S.Treasury Investigator, I also developed a tendency to be "short", "crusty" and/or gruff at times with those who did not appear to share my core values. Funny thing, age seems to have tempered that tendency. I now get GREAT enjoyment from interacting with other people who may not always share my same approach but do share my affinity for the 1971 -1973 Mustangs.

As to "Posers", they are welcome here as one of our core approaches is to not denigrate anybody's approach to our shared hobby as it relates to the 1971 - 1973 Mustang. Anyone who has or have had their Mustang restored, modified or anything in between are welcome here. We believe and practice the belief that ALL are welcome to spend THEIR money on whatever approach they want to take within the hobby. If someone's approach is at "odds" with our individual approach, we tend to not post to that thread unless an opinion is asked by the poster.

Again, Welcome!

BT

LMAO.... first... a shout out to ZGW from my VAN down by the RIVER

Second I think Obammy done got to ole Cobra before he retired. That being said... Z... I got the message. it's okay if you do all those things because some folks are just not inclined mechanically as others and you love the classic and saved one but had to rely on others expertise.... just dont go round talk'n trash and running your mouth like you did it yourself!!!! ??? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back