intro

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man!! the car looks totally straight!... congratulations on your deal then ;)

So.. tell us about your plan to put this kid back into the street!!!... If you have something in your mind regarding the process of restoration, your budget and that VERY important features, fell free to tell us and everyone of us for sure, has something to say to help you....

I´m not even close to a professional but regarding doing things myself with an infinit minimun budget, i´m quite an expert! je!... On the other hand, if you share your process and you come back often, you are gonna realice that always somebody has a little tweak to make each job easier, better done, cheaper and forever!...

Trust this site and the incredibly knowledge the guys have in here...

Again, congrats on your mustang!

Well, the plan is to use up some "extra" parts I had laying around, and swap in the 5.0 motor. I had a performer intake, a pair of headers, and I will throw on the wheels and tires from my 69 Cougar, as I bought some 16's for it, to match my 68.

I am hoping to sell it for around 4500, and bank some where between a thousand to fifteen hundred....It is really straight, except for just a bit of rust along the tops of the rear wheel wells. I don't know if I will use the AOD From the P/U, or trade my buddy for his three speed auto. I'm not sure what it is, he hasn't been able to crawl under and get it ID'd...

Since it's going to mostly be "stock" after I sell it, I am debating on what exhaust to put on it. 2 1/2 inch pipe, but what mufflers? Glass packs, magnaflow or flow masters.....

Well, the plan is to use up some "extra" parts I had laying around, and swap in the 5.0 motor. I had a performer intake, a pair of headers, and I will throw on the wheels and tires from my 69 Cougar, as I bought some 16's for it, to match my 68.

I am hoping to sell it for around 4500, and bank some where between a thousand to fifteen hundred....It is really straight, except for just a bit of rust along the tops of the rear wheel wells. I don't know if I will use the AOD From the P/U, or trade my buddy for his three speed auto. I'm not sure what it is, he hasn't been able to crawl under and get it ID'd...

Since it's going to mostly be "stock" after I sell it, I am debating on what exhaust to put on it. 2 1/2 inch pipe, but what mufflers? Glass packs, magnaflow or flow masters.....
Aftermarket exhaust will quickly eat up that profit margin. Good luck with the flip!

So far, I'm only into the project for 2500, and we got the engine/trans out last night, so I can start on the assembly. The one thing I am going to let the new owner take care of, is replacing the heater core! I don't even want to go there. I have an exhaust guy, I can get duals done everyday, for around four hundred bucks...

Just an update, while I have some free time. I had to replace the engine cross member, (an unwanted expense!) 300 for parts, 400 for labor. But the way it was twisted would have never let an engine sit back down like it was supposed to. Actually, that added cost was the deciding factor about the exhaust. I'll re-use as much off of my 69 Cougar as I can.

Anyway, here are a couple of new shots, with the wheels and tires I put on it, and the cross member, before it was replaced.

One nice thing about the 80's engine, is that it came with a duraspark ignition. This should be a nice, reliable fun car for the next owner. So far, it has a brand new carb, radiator, timing gear set, oil pump, harmonic balancer, air cleaner, new trans lines, drive shaft u-joints. With the glass packs, it will rumble nicely, and yet not be a total cop magnet. I hope to have the engine and trans installed with in a week or so of my return, and have a driveable car by the 2nd week. About the only thing I can think of for drive ability are the brakes. And maybe the heater core, but I have to leave SOMETHING for the next guy....

All my projects 087.jpg

All my projects 088.jpg

All my projects 089.jpg

All my projects 030.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back