introducing myself and my mustang. 73-1/2 Mexican Sprint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice car! Paint scheme on hood to door panels to roof panel reminds me of Maier's and other Trans-Am / SCCA 7173 race cars of the early 70s... Red rocker panels would set it off real nice imho for the Mexican Sprint theme, as opposed to the US Sprint theme, but what do i know...?

::welcome::

I am restoring it and if you could tell me where I can find original parts I will appreciate it.

I need interior parts, dash, covers and A/C

this is a Mustang 1973, 351, sports roof sprint edition.

thank you very much.
::welcome:: Love the detailing to the paint job. Is that original? A lot of us although been working on our for years, still feel we a knew at it in the information aspect as I. Am too working on an AC installation through local auto electrical company working at it more less shooting from the hip with the 71 and 71 electrical/AC shop manuals. You will find a lot available on our line as well tutorials if you need assistance in any installation. Good luck and hope to see more pics of it as well how you are doing with it. Mikke PS, look on my photo album and you will see a 300 page mess brought to life. LOL

Your car appears to be very rare and original.

Here is a Spanish website that explains more about your rare car.

http://www.mustangueros.com/showthread.php/190-Mustang-1973-Sprint

I recently uncovered more info including this Mexican press article introducing cars like yours:

Translated in English

Mexico produces new model

Mach One

This new model Mustang Mach I, the "Sprint” is an exclusive model, because the same will only be produced by Ford of Mexico 600 units for the whole country. The "Sprint” a 1973 model and a half , emphasizes the essential features of Mustang Mach 1 ; on the outside with bold color combinations in baked acrylic paint to help highlight the white and scarlet robes inside. This new model further enhances the sporty flavor of Mach 1 retaining the same mechanical characteristics of this year. In the picture below you can see the dash and console, which was followed using the same colors, except in the scarlet, where it is contrasted with black. The "Sprint” is in white background, with the option of four different combinations of colors: scarlet, blue, green walnut and olive.

Original text in Spanish:

Fabrica México nuevo modelo

de Mach One

Este nuevo modelo de Mustang Mach I, el "Sprint" es un modelo exclusivo, ya que del mismo sólo serán producidos por la Ford de México 600 unidades para todo el país. El "Sprint", un modelo del 1973 y medio, acentúa las características esenciales del Mustang Mach 1; en su exterior con audaces combinaciones de colores en pintura acrílica horneada que ayudan a resaltar las vestiduras blancas y escarlata de su interior. Este nuevo modelo aumenta más aún el sabor deportivo del Mach 1 conservando las mismas características mecánicas de este año. En la foto de abajo puede ver el tablero y la consola, en los que se siguió utilizando los mismos colores, excepto en el tono escarlata, en el que se hace contrastar con negro. El "Sprint" es en fondo blanco, con opción a cuatro diferentes combinaciones de colores: escarlata, azul, nogal y verde aceituna.

Ray

Holy Cow! I remember seeing one of those with the huge Mach 1 decals on ebay awhile back and thought it was just someone's custom job.

nota451-a.jpg

I really like the two tone colors. Seems like there were 4 colors offered: green, brown, orange and blue. All were white on the sides and back with the other color on the hood and partial on top and the lower portion of the car. I think the paint scheme looks great.

Crazy part is they came with 351W's.

BTW Marti doesn't track them.

Most of the motor and parts were manufactured in Mexico. Even the intake and exhaust manifolds were cast in Mexico. These were sent to Mexico as knock down kits. Wikipedia has a good info on this. Very common import/export technique... I believe Brazil and other S.A countries did it the same way.

Ray

Hello from Mississippi. Like the paint scheme on your car. Mechanical parts and most interior trim should be easy to get from Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply. Pieces such as door panels, seat material and other unique Sprint parts may prove to be a challenge. E Bay, Hemmings Motor News, or classified ads in Mustang sites or magazines may help. Gook luck on you project!

Back