is it worth it??????

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramair

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Coupe 351W
1973 Cougar Convertible(sold)
1966 Mercury Comet 202
1985 F150 4X4
1989 Mercury Cougar XR7
1962 Ford Fairlane
I have the chance to buy a 62 Ford Fairlane that has the original 260 V8 and three speed manual transmission. It is all there except the front bumper and horn blow on the steering wheel. The guy wants $500 for it and it has a clear title. The title was not notorized so it cannot be transferred until the original owner re signs it and has it notorized. Is it worth $500??????

I have not looked at it yet, I am suppose to do it tomorrow. From the picture the guy put on Craigslist it doesn't look too bad, bodywise, I guess i will find out tommorrow.

If it is something you have been looking for or are otherwise interested in, it would appear to be a pretty good deal to me.

Of course, in a case like this condition should be a BIG concern!

BT

Well I didn't buy this car last fall, I forgot about it and figured it sold. Well just a few days ago I saw this car on craigslist for sale and they wanted $350 for it, so I bought it today. It has a clear title and is in better shape than the pictures shown it to be. I have not picked it up yet, will get it next weekend. It is not a 260 car, it has a 221 engine and is pretty much all original, it even has the original radio. :D

I have the chance to buy a 62 Ford Fairlane that has the original 260 V8 and three speed manual transmission. It is all there except the front bumper and horn blow on the steering wheel. The guy wants $500 for it and it has a clear title. The title was not notorized so it cannot be transferred until the original owner re signs it and has it notorized. Is it worth $500??????
I don't think anyone can argue that the asking price is to much, but you're the only one that can answer if it's worth it to you.

I am going to see if it runs once I get it. The engine turns over by hand, so hopefully I can get it started. I was told by the prior owner that it had no spark and he could not get it started.

I picked the car up yesterday, and have not yet decided what I am going to do with it. I talked to the other brother who co owned this car and he told me that he tried starting it, but it would not fire up, it had spark but no compression. I don't know if it is worth my time messing around with the baby 221 V8 and manual three speed trans. I have a 85 Ford 5.0 roller cam engine I put together that has been sitting on my engine stand for 3 months now waiting for a new home, plus I have a BW T10 out of a 65 Fairlane sitting aroung doing nothing.

I don't know if it is worth my time messing around with the baby 221 V8 and manual three speed trans. I have a 85 Ford 5.0 roller cam engine I put together that has been sitting on my engine stand for 3 months now waiting for a new home, plus I have a BW T10 out of a 65 Fairlane sitting aroung doing nothing.
Open and shut case. I'm thinkin' you answered your own question right there :)

I'd do a pre-autopsy compression check on the 221 and mothball the combo...

Sounds like a screamin' good deal, congrats!

I don't know if it is worth my time messing around with the baby 221 V8 and manual three speed trans. I have a 85 Ford 5.0 roller cam engine I put together that has been sitting on my engine stand for 3 months now waiting for a new home, plus I have a BW T10 out of a 65 Fairlane sitting aroung doing nothing.
Open and shut case. I'm thinkin' you answered your own question right there :)

I'd do a pre-autopsy compression check on the 221 and mothball the combo...

Sounds like a screamin' good deal, congrats!
Dito. You answered your own question. Now about those pics...

I will get some pictures up, just been so busy between moving and work, barely had time to get the car.

Back