Is this a guy thing?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
Just curious if 71-73 mustangs are a guy thing? When mustangs 1st came out in mid 60's the TV commercial showed mostly women drivers like school teachers and secretaries.

How many active female members do we have?

Alan L

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe for our particular body style, especially the sportroofs, yes I do think it's a guy thing. Big cars combined with the rear visibility issues I think contribute to this. Although I'm sure there are some females out there that love these cars.

I get best reaction from women..Cause they dont got the old man bias about are big stangs....They just see a hot car...I dont know how many times i pull up at a stop light and have some women screeming and yelling..wooot!! nice car!! wooooooooooo!! lmao

Most women who loved my car didnt know much about cars ...Most women i think who buy a muscle car are coached and taught what to get from a man or family...Dont get them years of stangs!! there the worst ones ever!! Get this one if your going too..hehe

My wife likes them (maybe not so many of them in the backyard though) and is a mustang girl tried & true. She's never driven a 71-73. She's ridden with me though and says she'll get a ticket for sure if she ever did drive it. :D

My wife thought that huge Mach window would make it easy to see. She doesn't like not being able to see out back so it's a guy thing in our house.

My wife thought that huge Mach window would make it easy to see. She doesn't like not being able to see out back so it's a guy thing in our house.
Who cares about the rear window. When driving a Mach 1 what is behind you is not important.

mike
My 18 year old and I said the same thing in unison!

My wife couldnt drive stick,,, until she taught herself while I wasnt looking,,,now I cant get her out of the drivers seat of the Mustang ( notice I said THE Mustang, and not MY Mustang,,,,Damn!!,) lol

My wife couldnt drive stick,,, until she taught herself while I wasnt looking,,,now I cant get her out of the drivers seat of the Mustang ( notice I said THE Mustang, and not MY Mustang,,,,Damn!!,) lol
Lmao..I know the feeling..My ex even tried to name my mustang!! hehe

Who cares about the rear window. When driving a Mach 1 what is behind you is not important.

mike
My 18 year old and I said the same thing in unison!
Only important thing in seeing out the back window is to see who got left behind.

Things in the rear window are losing! :)

A lady friend of mine owns a 71 Fastback with a hot rodded Cleveland (that was prepared for vintage racing before it ended in the 71) and a 4 speed manual trans.

And she will kick everybody's butt who will doubt it is hers! :D

(She also has a Cleveland powered De Tomaso sedan)

Back