issues with linkage/clutch fork

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87fox72mach

Reaction score
My Car
1995 firebird rebuilt motor 5 spd dail driver
1987 grand wagoneer plow truck
1987 mustang lx 5.0 work custom engine bay and paint
1972 mach 1 project
20150731_152445.jpghey guys finally got my zbar linkage rebuilt ant installed. although im having trouble with my pedal. it seems my clutch fork is real sloppy. throwout bearing is installed correctly. clips on bearing are slid over fork fingers. it seems on the linkage=e side of clutch fork i can move it up about 1 and 1/2 inches of play. it also has play going into the trans what i mean is if i push in towards middle of car on the clutch fork it seems to slide into the bearing about a 1/4 inch. if i do this then hook up the push rod that goes to cutch fork and hit pedal it seems fine. after pushing the pedal a few times the clutch fork seems to slide back out cause the pedal to get stuck in the down position. i seem to have the correct push rod going into clutch fork as well as the little spring that conect z bar end to the clutch fork to keep the two interlocked. any help is appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
after some tweaking i believe i fixed the issue my push rod was installed wrong and one of my bushings fell out. i actually got push rod to sit about 1/8th inch away from clutch fork about 1/4 inch of travel before the throwout bearing hits pressure plate forks

Back