It's here !

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! I can imagine how you feel. New car day is better than the Easter Bunny bringing a Christmas Tree on Thanksgiving! :D

WOW! Is that the original decal behind the license plate? What an incredible find. More pics please of engine, trunk and interior please. Beautiful car bro!

First thing I did was look for any signs of rust: trunk, engine compartment, wheel wells, etc (didnt pull carpet :>) absolutely not a single sign of rust. I laughed at Ford using blue tape to seperate the Grabber blue and white....must have sped things up going down the line. Not a dent or nick in the whole thing.
The tape was used to cover the paint line between the two colors, It was to speed things up. This is the sam way Mach 1s were painted. It looks like an absolutely great car. Home run for you!

Chuck

WOW! Is that the original decal behind the license plate? What an incredible find. More pics please of engine, trunk and interior please. Beautiful car bro!
Yes! I could not believe that it had survived for 39 years.....but it did. I will take some more pics tonight.

72dhdx.jpg

2hehb4m.jpg

ouzf51.jpg

25a7o01.jpg

2lbj0ch.jpg

2a98pjb.jpg

nxs5sy.jpg

24zalu0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE photograph every square inch of the car before you make any changes. Finding accurate photographic information on these cars is very difficult to do. It is the little things that are hard to determine exactly how the car/engine/chassis was originally made. Just an example; was the PS bracket that bolts to the pump black or natural? I've been finding conflicting data on that for almost a year. If you would be willing to share the information I, and others, would be very grateful. That is truly a great find. I am a light shade of green from envy.

Chuck

PLEASE photograph every square inch of the car before you make any changes. Finding accurate photographic information on these cars is very difficult to do. It is the little things that are hard to determine exactly how the car/engine/chassis was originally made. Just an example; was the PS bracket that bolts to the pump black or natural? I've been finding conflicting data on that for almost a year. If you would be willing to share the information I, and others, would be very grateful. That is truly a great find. I am a light shade of green from envy.

Chuck
Happy too.....I didnt want to bug you guys with too many photos. As I look at the car I am still amazed at its condition I apoloize for repeating myself but it really is: "Original" I even have the license plate that it first had Arizona expiration in 1973 lol

1j7yf6.jpg

5we2u.jpg

34s33gj.jpg

21q7f6.jpg

2zzj2iu.jpg

2la4sn8.jpg

av64yc.jpg

2vnfj80.jpg

sn29fb.jpg

213gbyo.jpg

2h3brll.jpg

wmdxy0.jpg

Don't change a thing! Post pics up in the concourse section somewhere on this website. Get under the car and photo away :D It's so damn weard seeing an original blue straight bar (whatever its called) steering wheel in that condition. I've got 3 Machs that came with this type and color steering wheel and they've all become sticky, greenish tint and cracks all over. Horn pad doesn't quit fit right and so on LOL! Yours looks like it just rolled off the show room floor. Incredible! Battery for sure not original and cables don't appear to be aswell. Was this car in a Museum? Where did you find this car? How much did you pay for it? How many miles?

Thanks,

DJ

I lost my dad about 6 weeks ago. He picked out my first car 38 years ago. I knew he choose a Ford, figured he'd pick a Ford station wagon or 6 cyl Ford boat. I had to pay for it....but he picked it out, that was the way it was. I'll never forget walking across the Ford dealers parking lot trying to figure out which car he'd chosen for me. He walked with me up to a beautiful 1965 Springtime Yellow Mustang (6 cyl) I fell in love with Mustangs from that point on. I guess the song: "The Car", by Jeff Carson, meant a little to me these last 6 weeks as he was a work-a-holic....great man just always busy. Anyway, I saw this Sprint on ebay and debated for 10 days whether to bid or not. I got it in the last 60 seconds. I paid $27,000 I know its alot of money but I really really liked the car, now that I have it I dont have buyer remorse lol Sorry to ramble

Oh it has 71,000 miles. The seller told me that all the previous owners were real cars guys (i'm the fourth) he said from the beginning the car was cared for and not driven much, Always garaged etc. Being from Arizona may have helped a some.

I lost my dad about 6 weeks ago. He picked out my first car 38 years ago. I knew he choose a Ford, figured he'd pick a Ford station wagon or 6 cyl Ford boat. I had to pay for it....but he picked it out, that was the way it was. I'll never forget walking across the Ford dealers parking lot trying to figure out which car he'd chosen for me. He walked with me up to a beautiful 1965 Springtime Yellow Mustang (6 cyl) I fell in love with Mustangs from that point on. I guess the song: "The Car", by Jeff Carson, meant a little to me these last 6 weeks as he was a work-a-holic....great man just always busy. Anyway, I saw this Sprint on ebay and debated for 10 days whether to bid or not. I got it in the last 60 seconds. I paid $27,000 I know its alot of money but I really really liked the car, now that I have it I dont have buyer remorse lol Sorry to ramble
Please accept my condolences. Love that car and it appears to be original down to the magnum 500 wheels. If you ever want to find out, then the originals have numbers stamped on them. I've got a set of original 14" and 3 x 15" and both sets have this pronounced concave on the outer lip. My repops don't but after looking at repops online, they appear to have them aswell. Most if not all vendors are selling them with 4.25" backspacing for our cars and claim that's what they came, but both my original 14's and 15's have 4" backspacing.

Please accept my condolences. Love that car and it appears to be original down to the magnum 500 wheels. If you ever want to find out, then the originals have numbers stamped on them. I've got a set of original 14" and 3 x 15" and both sets have this pronounced concave on the outer lip. My repops don't but after looking at repops online, they appear to have them aswell. Most if not all vendors are selling them with 4.25" backspacing for our cars and claim that's what they came, but both my original 14's and 15's have 4" backspacing.

Thanks it is raining with some snow now sooooo I will pull a wheel and look for a parts number.....I appreciate the help......so much to learn.

Back