It's here !

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Condolences for your dad, but you've got yourself a great tribute and thank you, to him, starting you on your love of Mustangs. Enjoy the car remember they are built to be driven.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please accept my condolences. Love that car and it appears to be original down to the magnum 500 wheels. If you ever want to find out, then the originals have numbers stamped on them. I've got a set of original 14" and 3 x 15" and both sets have this pronounced concave on the outer lip. My repops don't but after looking at repops online, they appear to have them aswell. Most if not all vendors are selling them with 4.25" backspacing for our cars and claim that's what they came, but both my original 14's and 15's have 4" backspacing.

Thanks it is raining with some snow now sooooo I will pull a wheel and look for a parts number.....I appreciate the help......so much to learn.
Hey,

Here's a pic of the stamps you're looking for. These are located on the rear and outside bead. These are off of the 15"

Ford oval stamp and a couple numbers and white paint inspection marks almost directly opposite eachother

32zp0gp.jpg

izm980.jpg

L8r g8r

DJ

I'll grab my magnifying glass and go look! Thank you
You're welcome! Like others said, look between the floor pan and carpet for the build sheet. Usually 3 or 4 of them located under the carpet in all corners. If missing, then carpet was probably replaced.

The good news is I found the build sheet. The bad news is it appears that years of Arizona heat kinda fused it to the floor boards....it came out in pieces:

1539z84.jpg

So I had to tape it together:

2uxv5te.jpg

The floor boards under the seat/sound deader is really clean and dry:

jzeix1.jpg

There's usually more than one. If this one was under the back seat there is probably one or two under the front carpet. If you get around to taking out the the front seats you could check there too.

Back