Just a PSA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am too often disappointed in after market reproductions. How hard to make a bumper that matches? Or door panels that fit. Or qtr panels that are not junk?
Some of it is pretty good. I bought a boot that is pretty good, carpet that mostly fit, etc.

It's not like people won't pay for good quality parts. This isn't mass produced stuff like brake pads or light bulbs.

That makes me sure that I want to have my factory bumper straightened and re-chromed instead of buying a re-pop.
Yeah my original isn’t too bad has just one small dent and I have a very good chrome shop near me. But it’s expensive.
I’ll get it fixed and rechromed one day.

I am too often disappointed in after market reproductions. How hard to make a bumper that matches? Or door panels that fit. Or qtr panels that are not junk?
Some of it is pretty good. I bought a boot that is pretty good, carpet that mostly fit, etc.

It's not like people won't pay for good quality parts. This isn't mass produced stuff like brake pads or light bulbs.
I know crazy some of the simplest things they can’t make right. Such as the console ashtray or the three gauge center dash piece it’s missing two mounting holes and the ashtray is just a tad short where it won’t stay properly seated.
I’m glad they offer parts for 50 plus year old car so I’ll take what I can get.

Yeah my original isn’t too bad has just one small dent and I have a very good chrome shop near me. But it’s expensive.
I’ll get it fixed and rechromed one day.
Just fyi, had my factory rear bumper rechromed a few months ago. Needed only very slight straightening. Cost was $1,100. The results were excellent ++. Money well spent.

Just fyi, had my factory rear bumper rechromed a few months ago. Needed only very slight straightening. Cost was $1,100. The results were excellent ++. Money well spent.
I had my 70 Cobra bumpers redone at my local shop that still used copper and does excellent work. My originals were very nice and it cost me 400 each. That was about 14 years ago.
So who knows what they would charge now.

Back