just got a 429 for our 71 mach

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 MACH1 m code
:D

Well we went to a local builder today. Saw more shelbys and cobras in 1 shop than I've ever seen. Saw 67 shelby gt500 #18. And everything just got carried away. We bought a built 1970 429 full roller running 9.5 CR plus a built c6, 3.5 31 spline trac loc 9 inch and new 31 spline axels. good deal because we paid cash but there went a chunk. Now we need to look for mounts, brackets etc. Car still goes to stripping this Friday.

Jenny

Congratulations, Jenny!

I love to hear about Members who are going with the BBF motors for their 1971 - 1973 Mustangs.

I think you will be surprised as to the number of parts that are readily available. As you get into your search, it would help if you tell the "parts folks" that the parts are for a 1971 429CJ/SCJ. You shouldn't have any problems finding mounts and the like.

Again, Congratulations!!

BT

WOW!! Congrats on that purchase. I cant imagine a 429 in our cars, the 351 clevelands surely can get these Mustangs rolling down the road in a hurry. I'll bet you will sure have fun with that Monster!!

ditch that c6 and put a tko600 or a t56 in her!!! you won't be disappointed, trust me!!! :D

Latest posts

Back