Kickdown Rod Install on Edelbrock 1406 and FMX

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rumblefish

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Anybody here have a 351C/FMX combo with an Eldebrock 1406 carburetor and OEM kickdown rod? Any advice/pictures would be appreciated. I called Eldebrock tech support but unfortunately, got somebody who didn't offer much help. He suggested #1483 kickdown linkage adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have the throttle lever kit (#1483) and the throttle lever plate (#1493)? If so, the installation is pretty straight forward, just follow the instructions. The last one I did, on a 390 FE, required some adjustment (minor bending) to the kickdown rod to get it right.

Another option would be a Lokar kickdown cable kit that won't need the kickdown adapter. The Edelbrock 1483 pushes the throttle cable out towards the valve cover a fair distance and messes up the geometry. If you do use the 1483, you should modify the cable mount to correct that. We've been using the Lokar cables on all of the Mopars my friends have built rather than the Rube Goldberg mechanical disaster that Chrysler created for them.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Lokar/625/KD-2FMXHT/10002/-1

Back