LAST NIGHTS CRUISE. RARE MERCURY

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really figured they would be closer in value. Might have something to do with engine size. (Size matters...right?!) All production Talledegas received 428 CJs and the Spoiler II's had to make do with 351 W's. Bench seats and column shift were the fare for both cars but sure didn't help the Mercury's image which already had to make do with a smaller engine while riding around in a land ruled by big blocks. Still very nice "Rides" and would be very welcome in my driveway.
The sad thing is I found a fairly nice Cyclone many years ago for a client who used it for parts to restore a very rough Talladega that had its nose pushed in. Once he had what he needed he just scrapped the rest. Very disrespectful.

I always thought these Mercs looked better than the Fords.

- Paul

A guy I used to work with had a 69 spoiler Talledega, for it big car it moved!

Sadly when I saw it last in 1986 our Canadian winters hadn't been kind to it....and last I heard it was just sitting, I tried to buy off of him in 88 but he was one of those " one day I'll restore it" guys.

Wow that's a sharp Merc... I had a 68 Torino I liked awful well... the body lines just look right... miss that old car..

I always leave a reserve ....you never know when you run across that one car that is the right car....and price.

case in point as most of you know I'm a prowler.... I go look at ANYTHING that is classic. Mostly my agenda is for resale purpose to fund my habit. My painter turns me on to this 67 charger??? Yep I get there and it is a 383 car... 4spd car....a/c car ...interior is so nice i would not touch it. fix a couple of rust spots and SELL it. Today I do a fly over ....they are home. I stop an chat nicest Mexican fellow you'll ever meet. I think I can get it for bout 3500.00 :cool: I'll drive play...sell!

this is one of those cars!!! a Talladega ...YEAH I'd buy it!!! KEEP IT especially if its a good deal.

I always leave a reserve ....you never know when you run across that one car that is the right car....and price.

case in point as most of you know I'm a prowler.... I go look at ANYTHING that is classic. Mostly my agenda is for resale purpose to fund my habit. My painter turns me on to this 67 charger??? Yep I get there and it is a 383 car... 4spd car....a/c car ...interior is so nice i would not touch it. fix a couple of rust spots and SELL it. Today I do a fly over ....they are home. I stop an chat nicest Mexican fellow you'll ever meet. I think I can get it for bout 3500.00 :cool: I'll drive play...sell!

this is one of those cars!!! a Talladega ...YEAH I'd buy it!!! KEEP IT especially if its a good deal.
And You see your honour that $3000 Charger Sir, is exactly why Luke had to shoot Mr Carter

Last edited by a moderator:
I know of a two owner 69 428 CJ Cyclone for sale right now in North Atlanta. He wants 11K for the car and it is in fair condition. It is a late June 69 production date. If anyone is seriously looking to buy PM me and I can connect you with him. If I had the money I would be heading to get it. I even thought about finaincing it, but just could not convince myself on a car that still needed work to finaince.

atlanta cyclone.jpg

Very cool cars indeed. It is good to know that there are other Mercury fans on the site as well. Chuck

Back