Leaf springs from experience ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All,

According to a automotive performance handling and steering books that I read, it is recommended to replace the springs that originally installed with the same spring rate. They recommended to upgrade the sway bars and to add better shocks.

mustang7173

eric, remember i have good 5 leaf springs in the backyard that need to go. i also now have an entire calvert rear suspension coming out as well.

eric, remember i have good 5 leaf springs in the backyard that need to go. i also now have an entire calvert rear suspension coming out as well.
Thanks,OlieI think I"ve got a lead on some close-by ones.Probably the shipping from Cali. to Maine would be a killer.

Eric

I have done extensive research on this topic because next month my girl is getting new springs as well. What I boiled it down to is that I want original stock ride height and feel, but will upgrade the shocks and add a sway bar and possibly a pan hard bar, just have to find one. I am going to go with 4 leaf standard eye springs from http://www.mustangsplus.com/xcart/1965-73-Grab-A-Trak-Leaf-Spring-Kit.html

Hope this helps or at least gives you some more options.

- nik

Does anyone make a panhard bar for the '71-'73 mustang? I spoke with Mike Maier from Maier Racing. He said that, if I was up for it, he would like to use my '73 to design a panhard bar.

Also, when it comes to leaf springs, are they rated by the amount of springs (4, 4 1/2, 5) or are they rated by spring rate?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back