Les Baer Boss .45

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't you know that this is really the 71-73-1911 forum?

Barry, how about a 1911 icon for all the 1911 shooters on here? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I got to take a personal tour of Les's shop a few years ago. It wasn't long after 9/11. He was doing some custom work for some VERY special peaple. The guy is a fanatic for cleanliness.

My freind and I had driven all night from Dallas with an inclosed trailer. We bought his SN95 stang that he had won the pro 5.0 class with. His toy shop was packed with oustanding race cars and street cars. He had a beautiful 93 GT pro street style car with a REAL Boss 302 in it.

He puts as much detail in his cars as he does his custom firearms. He knows every custom fire arm personaly. He shoots them all. Great guy!

Cool story about Les!

So I took my neighbor from Illinois to the range with me today. We shot 7 of my guns. He liked the HK P30 but then popped off a magazine in my 1911. He's hooked. I bet he'll have one in the very near future. There's a reason the 1911 design is 100 years old now and there many, many companies manufacturing them.

Btw, I'm also impressed with the P30. It's an extremely good gun that is almost as fun to shoot as the 1911, almost, but not quite. All in all I'm glad I purchased it. It makes me wish my 1911 had a light rail. Hmm, maybe I should sell my mil-spec to my neighbor and pick up a new Les Baer. But if I did that my wife would shoot me with it! Rofl

I carry a Para Ordnance p-14 LDA. I think it is like a 1911 on steroids. 14 rounds and the Light Double Action trigger is nice.
Only problem is, my hand is too small to hold the double stack 1911 comfortably. I like having an 8 round magazine in my single stack. The thing I like about 1911's is that it sits low in the hand and doesn't get top heavy when you empty the magazine. I've noticed polymer guns get top heavy when you let the weight out of the grip.:cool:

I just found the answer to 9mm vs. .45 acp! It's called 10mm!

Colt Delta Elite in custom Colt Shop Nickle Plating...

8.jpg

Ballistics are comparable to 41. magnum!

I just found the answer to 9mm vs. .45 acp! It's called 10mm!

Colt Delta Elite in custom Colt Shop Nickle Plating...

Ballistics are comparable to 41. magnum!
9an0o1.jpg

:D:cool::D:p

Ditto! Cocked and locked! Hammer back in the holster does get some questions!

Mine is a Springer Mil-Spec in stainless steel.
This one is for Don and Barry:

f4myq9.jpg

or maybe this one:

i766hk.jpg

Brilliant minds think alike! :d

Those are some beautiful guns guys. I've never shot a 10mm.

Barry, I like your "k".

Yep, my 10mm has a part of the frame cut out right above the slide release. This was to fix a common issue of stress cracks in the frame. It also has double recoils springs and a teflon recoil buffer. She is a beauty to shoot! Definitely more punch than a .45!

Man, it was nice to find this thread. I assume there are others as well. I have been shooting since I was 12, and own several long guns and hand guns. Good too see others here with the same likes.....7123 Mustangs, firearms... :D

Two big safes full and over flowing here. Avid hunter as well. My CCW's.;)

Even my cocktail glass.

Latest posts

Back