Looking for a 351 C or W Engine

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
So, I'd like to try my hand at rebuilding an engine over the winter.  Where is the best place to get an old 351 Windsor or Cleveland complete motor for CHEAP?  I'd like to find a junk yard pull out or something that I can tear down to the bare block and then clean, paint and put back together with some chrome goodies and hotrod parts.  I mainly want to do it as a learning project but also for a possible 302 replacement for my Mach someday!   :D

Remember...CHEAP!!

Can find a 351W much cheaper than a 351C. junk yards, wrecked cars, parts cars, etc. There is a 73 H Code cougar for sale near me (351C) that runs and drives for $2k. I offered him $1k for it about 2 months ago. He turned me down and it is still for sale.

There is a 351W for sale on this site now. Depending on what you want to do, it may be a deal. Chuck

So, I'd like to try my hand at rebuilding an engine over the winter.  Where is the best place to get an old 351 Windsor or Cleveland complete motor for CHEAP?  I'd like to find a junk yard pull out or something that I can tear down to the bare block and then clean, paint and put back together with some chrome goodies and hotrod parts.  I mainly want to do it as a learning project but also for a possible 302 replacement for my Mach someday!   :D

Remember...CHEAP!!
Hi rocketfoot,

I have one that I listed last night. Its a 351 w. I know the inner components are in good shape.  Please p.m me and we can discuss. 

Thanks

Barry, I have...

72 351 W in a 72 Cougar

72 Q code 351 C 4 bolt mains 4 V heads on a rolling cart ready for pick up ... your RAM pick up would work

73 H 351 C in a Grande

72 Q code in a Mach 1

72 Q code in a Mach 1

73 Q code in a 73 Mach 1 but it might be a 71 M code motor

73 H code on a rolling cart

71 H code on a cart

73 L code ... brings back memories

Probably more under the rack

And you know the directions :D :D :D

Back