Looking For Australian Owners

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Aussies,

So, following on my OP, I need to buy some sheet metal, floorpans, beaver panel, bonnet - who can recommend the best suppliers either within Oz or o/s?

Also I'm told that Dynacorn metal is the best to get - any comments? Any other competitors for quality metal?

Thanks in advance.

For those of us who speak English, what is a beaver panel?

Sorry, the panel around and between the rear lights (sometimes also used for the panel across the back of the car below this panel behind bumper) what do you guys call it?

I have never bought anything in Oz for mine, always importing from US like CJponyparts.
After doing a detailed spreadsheet on buying in the US (all the suppliers on this site - delivery is the killer) Vs buying off all Oz suppliers, I've got to give the gong to Harry's Classic in Sydney - https://www.harrysclassicsmustangparts.com.au/index.php - I was ordering sheet metal and he not only was the most competitive but he has the Dynacorn range for many parts. They arrived on Friday - the whole deal was smooth as could be and I was able to speak to Harry directly to clarify a couple of points. And to be clear, not only is he not sponsoring this post, he does not know I'm writing it. :cool:

I have never bought anything in Oz for mine, always importing from US like CJponyparts.
After doing a detailed spreadsheet on buying in the US (all the suppliers on this site - delivery is the killer) Vs buying off all Oz suppliers, I've got to give the gong to Harry's Classic in Sydney - https://www.harrysclassicsmustangparts.com.au/index.php - I was ordering sheet metal and he not only was the most competitive but he has the Dynacorn range for many parts. They arrived on Friday - the whole deal was smooth as could be and I was able to speak to Harry directly to clarify a couple of points. And to be clear, not only is he not sponsoring this post, he does not know I'm writing it. :cool:
Hi George,

Glad to see that you are getting some good results with Harry. I have had little to do with him, but on brief investigation, have found that he does not carry a variety of parts for 1,2,3 Mustangs. Correct me if i am wrong.

In my case, i have had to import most of my hard to get parts from good old USA, AND IN THAT SENSE, HAVE GOT WELL AND TRULY WHACKED with heavy shipping costs as such.

Good luck with your quest!

Greg. :)

Hey Randy!!

We speak the same English language, but live on different planets in many ways. :p

EG: Is a bonnet a lady wears as a hat or is it a car hood???????????????  Is it a hood that goes over a front porch, or is it a jeuvanile delinquent?? :D

Hey Randy!!

We speak the same English language, but live on different planets in many ways. [emoji14]

EG: Is a bonnet a lady wears as a hat or is it a car hood???????????????  Is it a hood that goes over a front porch, or is it a jeuvanile delinquent?? :D

Regarding Harry's Classic Mustang Supply, Yes, thumbs up from me. I have bought various sheet metal parts for my 71 sportsroof. All Dynacorn and all excellent quality. New stock arriving every couple of months so if he doesn't have the particular part in stock, it’s not too far off. Prices are cheaper than doing your own shipping and paying duty. I still need some more parts to finish mine so Harry will get my business.
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Spent 6 wks wondering around oz early this year. You need too fine tune your ears and thinking as too know what's going on. 6wks wasn't long enough too figure it all out, but after the first few days, friends did explained it to me what's needed to be said when stepping up to bar for a Tooheys Old....

Hi George

My experience with local suppliers (Perth) is they have little stock for our models and when they do they charge like a wounded bull

I now get most of my parts from CJP quicker and cheaper than local and their shipping is not too steep

Sounds like you are happy with Harry's but for me being in the West means I have to pay even more for shipping it from east coast

Keep an eye out for suppliers in the US who are on Ebay's global shipping program, can get great deals on shipping

Oh and for the language difficulties between English speaking members and Australian speaking members perhaps we need to start up an interpretation thread or like me try to stick to the US English terms for our vehicles although would have thought our US friends would be very familiar with "beaver"

From what I now understand, it all comes down to what Oz importers have put in a container and brought over.

Having done the analysis on even delivering to an address in Florida, with the cheapest delivery I have seen to Oz, it all comes down to weight. Containers aren't measured by weight.

So see what our local suppliers have in stock and compare that with the price including delivery as it comes down to how it is brought in, ... and then we have internal freight costs - shoutout to OzCoupe72. Hey, all part of our adult meccano game!!

Hi to all Aussies on site Kevin from Macedon Ranges Victoria 1971 Boss 351 I haven't had to Import any parts yet but may need to call on your experience some time funds transfer best freight options ect  cheers to all kevin

For al those who don't know, stay away from the VEGAMITE.....

Vegemite is ok if it's 3 Threes Mighty Mite!!

a1abb43fb758ac80088d1ae149d8e0d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi George,

Mel from Melbourne here - thanks for your email.

It is a good idea as we all have some different problems to our friends

in the States- quite often, we just need to see our particular model in the flesh.

I have a contact in Sydney who may be able to assist a lot of Members in shipping ex California.

He has a freight forwarder who receives deliveries from suppliers and then pack it containers

that he brings in each month with cars or parts.

To others reading this post, I have a friend who has three Mach 1's in concours condition who

I am sure will allow a group of us to admire the collection - I have only seen one of them.

My goal in 2018 is to make this happen for all who can get or are in Melbourne to see them.

regards,

Melfunctions.

Hi Mel, 

Sorry for some reason missed your post :chin: Thanks for reaching out.

I'm actually hunting for a bonnet right now for my '73 Mach 1 - as part of a full re-paint - no one in Oz seems to have one. Could I ask for an intro to your Sydney mate?

Back