• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

looking for tail lights, aftermarket axles

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowpoke

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang 351w, C4 set up for drag racig.
Looking for a set of tail lights for a 71 mustang and a set of 9in aftermarket axles. Its is for a full time drag car. The tail lights don't have to be perfect just mainly using them to fill the opening. No lights will be hooked up to it.

Would like 31 or 33 spline axles.

Thanks

df94c4.jpg

Do the 73 lights fit? i got a pair im pretty sure i can check when i get off work

71-73 lights are all the same, in 73 they just left the bezel trim in raw metal finish for 71-73 they blacked out the light bezel and left the edges bare to look like trim surrounds.

wish i still had my old ones they had cracks down the center where the reverse light is located so i replaced my entire bucket with reproduction. threw my originals out about 6 years ago

you will need the white bucket part in addition to the lenses. the bucket has the holes that the studs go in from the taillight panel.

you could get away without the taillight gasket if you wanted but i the light will rattle.

basically you want a old taillight set with the gasket if possible then you could just power wash them and make them look good.

everything is available reproduction now but its expensive so it makes sense to find an old set that looks good for a drag car.

Yes I am looking just for a old set so I can fill in the holes. I know that I have seen them for 15-20 bucks on here but haven't gotten any replies back or still waiting on follow ups from people. Right now have the holes covered and just blended in with the paint color. Figure if I can find cheap pair were someone has replaced them not good enough to drive with but would work for me.

I have a pair available that look great, but the bezels have small dents and the back of the housings are lightly cracked. They would be fine on a driver and plenty good for your purpose. How about 25.00 and maybe another $10 for shipping?

BTW I got my 31 spline axles from Randy's ring and pinion and the price was very good. I just told them I wanted to convert my existing trac lock unit and needed them to get me everything necessary for the conversion. They did not miss a single item, nor did they bill for a single thing that I did not need.

I do not believe 33 spline axles will fit in 1971-1973 mustang housings, you would need the Torino big bearing style ends and non tapered tubes IIRC Xoliex probably knows off the top of his head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for a set of tail lights for a 71 mustang and a set of 9in aftermarket axles. Its is for a full time drag car. The tail lights don't have to be perfect just mainly using them to fill the opening. No lights will be hooked up to it.

Would like 31 or 33 spline axles.

Thanks

df94c4.jpg
I'm sure i have a set where the plastic backings may have some small damage, but the outsides are fine for what you want. You pay for shipping and I will send a set for free to you. Mike

Wow! what a nice guy.

Oh to hell with this BS Send me your address and I'll give you a pair and pay the shipping!

MotorCity Mustang has lost any future business from me.
Ah Jeff, I guess it was the taillights. I have about 20 pair sitting in the basement and I can't get to them with my health condition right now, so just trying to get rid of some stuff I can't get to right away. Sorry about that. The only thing I ask when I send something for free, that they do the same for another Mustanger. I just sent a guy a pair of bumpers that had some rust on for free because he was going to strip and paint them. He paid shipping. Maybe I shouldn't give stuff away for free eh. Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry guys didn't mean to cause trouble just was looking for a old set of tail lights someone had laying around.

Man I leave for a few days and everybody loses their minds:huh: What in the world. Looks as if this has worked its self out but the thing to remember here is, its great when our members help each other out but our vendors are here for a reason. That would be to give us a supply of parts and choices on the parts. I for one appreciate all our sponsors and members for what they do. So lets try to keep this noise to a minimum.

Back