Luxstang paints his front bumper.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Da-a-a-a-a-amn... that looks SWEET! Nice job!! ::thumb::::thumb::::thumb::

So, that means it's time for a new photoshoot with the Missus, right? :D :whistling:

Thanks guys.

I did not have the chrome blasted. I used a primer meant for metallic surfaces. Let's see how it'll stand the test of time.

I had the color matched by having it scanned and custom mixed, not by going with a color chart. I guess that's why it matches so closely. I actually used some of it to cover the damage I did when two weeks ago I backed into the garage and unintentionally found out that the wall is stronger than the paint on the quarter panel and you can't see the slightest difference.

Why new photo shoot with the Missus? Her front bumpers haven't changed. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys.

I did not have the chrome blasted. I used a primer meant for metallic surfaces. Let's see how it'll stand the test of time.

I had the color matched by having it scanned and custom mixed, not by going with a color chart. I guess that's why it matches so closely. I actually used some of it to cover the damage I did when two weeks ago I backed into the garage and unintentionally found out that the wall is stronger than the paint on the quarter panel and you can't see the slightest difference.

Why new photo shoot with the Missus? Her front bumpers haven't changed. :p
Mike - to answer your question - I think it was YOU that said she makes everything look better! So there ya go! You get no arguments from me on that one! :)

Ray

Looks good Mike! Marks left on a car by contacting anything in the garage are called "Grandma marks" here.:p Chuck

Looks good Mike! Marks left on a car by contacting anything in the garage are called "Grandma marks" here.:p Chuck
Oh, good one!!

I have a lot of those. Last year I hit the passenger side quarter three times, once even destroying the front grille and bumper of a VW Golf that I was going to park next to but inadvertently decided to back into instead.

It's always the right rear quarter as I cannot seem to see where that part of the car is going. :(

Well, I guess everybody's got one talent........

Oh, good one!!

I have a lot of those. Last year I hit the passenger side quarter three times, once even destroying the front grille and bumper of a VW Golf that I was going to park next to but inadvertently decided to back into instead.

It's always the right rear quarter as I cannot seem to see where that part of the car is going. :(

Well, I guess everybody's got one talent........
It sounds like learning to paint is a must for you. You may want to consider replacing that panel with memory metal. All kidding aside the bumper is a real upgrade. Chuck

It's called "acoustic back up control". When you hear something, you've gone too far. :)

Thanks for the kudos!

You should try backing it up a fastback... you know, to truly learn to appreciate your vert's outward rear visibility. rofl

http://www.7173mustangs.com/attachment.php?aid=32492

Still lovin' the new look! :bravo:

Dead right Eric,

Imagine where you'd be if you didn't have door mirrors on your fastback.:shootself::p

Greg.:)
Actually, they're so small I forget they're even there. The one on my passenger side has flopped over to where it's pretty much facing the back tire anyway... guess I need to fix that. :chin:

Dead right Eric,

Imagine where you'd be if you didn't have door mirrors on your fastback.:shootself::p

Actually, they're so small I forget they're even there. The one on my passenger side has flopped over to where it's pretty much facing the back tire anyway... guess I need to fix that. :chin:
Ahh yeah, i think so Eric.:p Once fixed, don't forget my adjusting stick to make life easier.

Back