Mach 1 addiction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I sold a hood, front bumper, center gauge console, and drivers door mirror yesterday. Found another parts Mach we want. Lots of parts for sale if anyone needs anything.

Hello from Mississippi. Great to see our "R" code member list growing. Considering the total 71-73 Mustang production, the 429, 71-72 "R", and the 50 Sprint cars are really rare Horses. Glad you stopped by and liked what you saw. Welcome aboard!

mwilson7,

There is not a chance of me posting a pic as long as it is literally buried in the garage. At this moment it would be considered a "barn find". I have to finish one project at a time and this one isn't it. I'm in process of getting the racer on track and that will take at least another year. There's just not enough money to go around.

If you really want to see something, you need to check out Kevin's garage. He did have (2) "R" code verts in his collection. That makes three of the 13 produced '72 "R" codes in Alabama. Check this out;

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-9-verts-on-a-car-hauler

Welcome from West Virginia! Where is the R Code Registry?

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Don't feel bad about your addiction, lol. I take pills for it, I have 11 mustangs and others also. Seems to help I did not buy a numbers matching 71 M code Mach 1 yesterday for $2,500. Could probably have got double that but he had to sell by tomorrow.

I thought there were several HO cars on the forum.
Did the M code already sell?

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Don't feel bad about your addiction, lol. I take pills for it, I have 11 mustangs and others also. Seems to help I did not buy a numbers matching 71 M code Mach 1 yesterday for $2,500. Could probably have got double that but he had to sell by tomorrow.

I thought there were several HO cars on the forum.
Did the M code already sell?
It did it was in the Durham area on craigslist. I did put link on the forum in a post about vinyl tops since it was said to be one of the 150 made in 71.

Every time I buy one nobody interested then I don't and lots of interest, lol.

Bought a 72 Mach 1 from Kalamazoo, sitting for 17 years. Just lucked out. It had a different dash and VIN, found build sheet, door sticker, and VIN under drivers fender. Only R code ever ordered with hubcaps and trim rings, manual steering, red with white interior. 1 of 1.

My R code was the 15th known on the registry out of 16, is yours on the registry?
Welcome from Oklahoma.

I would like to help explain your Marti report. They can be deceiving when he (Kevin Marti & Co.) starts the breakdown. While at first glance it appears they are telling you that your R code Mach is the only one sold new with hubcaps and trim rings - upon further review he is only stating that of the 87 red R code 72 Mach 1's, 3 of THE 87 RED ONES had white comfortweave interior and only of THOSE 3 yours was the only one of those 3 with white comfortweave interior that was sold new with trim rings and caps. I know I repeated myself - simply trying hard to drive the point. Sounds like a really neat car and very rare. The R code 72 Mach 1 makes it rare. All that other stuff is interesting but just as additional info. Great find!

Ray

Back