MACH 1 FOR SALE

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn i live in Uruguay!!!
Damn, I live down the street literally and just saw this! I called to see if it is still for sale, left a message. I do not need another project, but if anyone here is interested in this I can certainly try to get a better look at specific items and pictures. Sadly, this car is probably worth more parted out than whole.

damn i live in Uruguay!!!
Damn, I live down the street literally and just saw this! I called to see if it is still for sale, left a message. I do not need another project, but if anyone here is interested in this I can certainly try to get a better look at specific items and pictures. Sadly, this car is probably worth more parted out than whole.
I know what you mean... this cars in the US doesnt have good value yet.. YET...

You are aware that this is going to change and maybe someone has a few bucks now and a place to keep this cars... If you buy good condition cars and you store, maybe in the future you´ll make some money and you´re preventing to destroy more of this cars...

The same thing happened with ANY todays expensive classic car so...

For the record, this luck of value of our body typed mustangs is not everywhere.... Yesterday on Ebay argentina, a 1971 mach 1... good but not show quality... 351C 2V etc etc was sold for 43K...

I was offered 30K for mine and it is nor even a V8... As it is the only fastback from this years in my hole country, value is increased...

So guy.. buy cheap and bring the cars to here!! :)

I Finally got a chance to check out the M-code listed here.

It is a 4 speed car, and all the driveline gears is in tact it seems. It's missing two things I had hoped for, fold down rear seat and the tach. It has the idiot light gauges. Interior is standard, but someone put a triple gauge center dash in it. The standard center is in the back seat. It is a manual steering, manual brakes car. None of the sheet metal is “usable” in my opinion. Doors, fenders, hood, quarters, floors, shock towers, etc all have rust through in areas.

Vin is 1F05M163288

Door tag:

Body: 63R (Mach 1)

Color: D (Grabber yellow)

Trim: 1A (Black all vinyl standard interior)

DSO: 47, (Cincinnati)

Axle 9, (3:25.1 conventional)

Trans 5 (4-speed manual)

To me one is buying a non-running 351 Cleveland (they are 4 barrel heads), A toploader, clutch pedal to release lever linkage, and a 3:25.1 open 9” rear. That said, I know the car could be had for $2,200.

Here’s a link to the photos I took:

I would be glad to help out as a local go-between, this is about 4 miles from my house. The owner is a decent guy, admittedly bought it to flip. He says if it does not sell he will take it to the Spring Columbus Swap the first weekend in April.

~Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
I Finally got a chance to check out the M-code listed here.

It is a 4 speed car, and all the driveline gears is in tact it seems. It's missing two things I had hoped for, fold down rear seat and the tach. It has the idiot light gauges. Interior is standard, but someone put a triple gauge center dash in it. The standard center is in the back seat. It is a manual steering, manual brakes car. None of the sheet metal is “usable” in my opinion. Doors, fenders, hood, quarters, floors, shock towers, etc all have rust through in areas.

Vin is 1F05M163288

Door tag:

Body: 63R (Mach 1)

Color: D (Grabber yellow)

Trim: 1A (Black all vinyl standard interior)

DSO: 47, (Cincinnati)

Axle 9, (3:25.1 conventional)

Trans 5 (4-speed manual)

To me one is buying a non-running 351 Cleveland (they are 4 barrel heads), A toploader, clutch pedal to release lever linkage, and a 3:25.1 open 9” rear. That said, I know the car could be had for $2,200.

Here’s a link to the photos I took:

I would be glad to help out as a local go-between, this is about 4 miles from my house. The owner is a decent guy, admittedly bought it to flip. He says if it does not sell he will take it to the Spring Columbus Swap the first weekend in April.

~Jim
:huh:I think $2200 Is a bit steep,Your looking at $1000.00 if that

Yep, I passed on it. However, if you really wanted a 4 speed setup, you may be able to claim the part you need and then nickel and dime off the rest of the stuff in pieces to get some of your investment back. If you do not have a manual car to refer to, this would be even more valuable.

It really comes down to what are 4-speed parts worth? I do not know. If you believe E-bay (presumptuous at best:) you could do all right. I have to admit I have not seen a shifter ball (or cheap T-handle in this case!) to clutch release lever 4 speed setup including the top loader ever listed for sale that way on its own. I have seen all the parts individually, and between the money and time finding them all it looks pretty expensive.

I am watching the Tnfastbk American Powertrain thread, as if I ever decide to convert my 302 car so both are sticks, I think that's the way to go.

~Jim

Yep, I passed on it. However, if you really wanted a 4 speed setup, you may be able to claim the part you need and then nickel and dime off the rest of the stuff in pieces to get some of your investment back. If you do not have a manual car to refer to, this would be even more valuable.

It really comes down to what are 4-speed parts worth? I do not know. If you believe E-bay (presumptuous at best:) you could do all right. I have to admit I have not seen a shifter ball (or cheap T-handle in this case!) to clutch release lever 4 speed setup including the top loader ever listed for sale that way on its own. I have seen all the parts individually, and between the money and time finding them all it looks pretty expensive.

I am watching the Tnfastbk American Powertrain thread, as if I ever decide to convert my 302 car so both are sticks, I think that's the way to go.

~Jim

In my area 4speed stuff is at a premium cost wise. there is still plenty out there its just being hoarded by the same guys. You know the story I have ten of them but wont sell one I might need it someday and they are already 80

Guys according to the state of Ohio

in 1991 the car had 134,000 miles on it

title transfered twice since then

current title issued 11 / 10 says 75,000 exceeded limits, meaning 175,000 miles.

Motor taken apart, is it blown up or just worn out???

toploader with 175,000 miles ??? linkages with 175 k on them ?

Figure it is all core parts at best.

Don

[quote=Tnfastbk;15236

In my area 4speed stuff is at a premium cost wise. there is still plenty out there its just being hoarded by the same guys. You know the story I have ten of them but wont sell one I might need it someday and they are already 80

I know the type Tn..That someday is when their dead & buried( I've done a bunch of clean outs for estates over the years) what they fail to realize is all that s**t they have been hoarding ends up in the dumpster...All the family's ever want is the big bucks from the real estate..The other thing is that unless your doing a concours restoration or gotta have factory, A competent fabricator (ME :p) can easily adapt an earlier or non 4 speed pedal hanger to a 4 speed. So there are options out there

Looking at those pictures ....gave me nightmares of working on my first Mustang a 67 coupe.....Sad to see them go like that.

But have to agree with you guys....$1000 at best take what you need and sell the rest for what you can get!

Ken

I was just going to say...

I know mine may or may not be in slightly worse shape, but I gave $1600 for it. Of course - I'm literally out in the middle of nowhere and this car was just across town from me... and there are less than 10 'big-bodies' in town (running and otherwise). Having said that, there are some interior pieces I wouldn't mind having if someone picks this one up and decides to part it out. :D

Back