Lime Green Mach 1 seen on British TV show.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
I often watch Wheeler Dealers on British TV ( don't ask how I get it) and in a show I watched yesterday, Mike was hunting down a Fiat 600 in Kettering, Northamptonshire. When he arrived at the place, one of the first cars seen was a lime green Mustang. This dealer imports all sorts of foreign cars, but the one that caught my eye was the Mustang sitting beside the Fiat 600. While the cameraman didn't focus on the 'stang per se, it looked to be a 73 Mach 1 with 71/2 stripes kit and a fully blacked out hood. I'm sure it would be a good car for somebody, but judging by the price of the Fiat, it wouldn't be cheap. No idea when that show was first filmed and broadcast though, could have been months or years ago.
However nice to see some "big Mustangs" out there.

Interesting as Wheeler Dealers actually did a 1973 Mach 1 as one of their feature cars in a past episode. Coincidentally, they also went with 71-72 stripes. Also, if I recall correctly they swapped in a 71-72 grille.

Interesting as Wheeler Dealers actually did a 1973 Mach 1 as one of their feature cars in a past episode. Coincidentally, they also went with 71-72 stripes. Also, if I recall correctly they swapped in a 71-72 grille.
I remember that episode, they actually did quite a nice job and then drove the heck out of it. Clear they didn't know too much about Mustangs, but on the whole, not bad.

I did that to the grille of my ‘73…fit perfectly and used fomoco original parts. Was inspired by that WheelerDealers episode with the black fastback.View attachment 83937
The 71/2 grill looks waaaaay better imo and detracts from that awful oversized bumper and with the blacked out light surrounds, it looks like it should look.
Ok, I'm biased towards 71/72"s, but I could live with that look. Nice job!

This episode was discussed on an earlier thread a few years ago. This is actually part two of a two part episode. Part one dealt with tuning the carb, installing a new MSD distributor, headers and a RAM air plenum etc. they did not mention the addition of the matching ram air air cleaner….because the new distributor profile was too tall and would not accommodate the ram air cleaner nor would hood close. So not so believable though the second half was entertaining.

This episode was discussed on an earlier thread a few years ago. This is actually part two of a two part episode. Part one dealt with tuning the carb, installing a new MSD distributor, headers and a RAM air plenum etc. they did not mention the addition of the matching ram air air cleaner….because the new distributor profile was too tall and would not accommodate the ram air cleaner nor would hood close. So not so believable though the second half was entertaining.
I saw both episodes eventually. There is often many things that get missed or the producers don't show certain aspects of the build. Costs never include labour.
It's entertainment after all.

Back