Mach 1 looker-atter

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"the engine alone is worth almost as much as the asking price"

let me know if anybody will pay that much for a cleveland.

Welcome from West Virginia! Ad is down did you buy it?

Nossir...owner would not reply to texts/messages or emails. I assume he sold it or changed his mind as the weather improved.

It was posted for weeks starting in mid Jan.

The hunt continues.

Welcome from N.C.

I always make a rule for myself to wait 24 hours before I even think about buying anything. Pictures never tell the true story they always look better in pictures. Just take your time and keep searching. There is someone somewhere that needs money bad that has your car and will make you a deal. But do go look in person.

David

Thanks and agreed.

Many years ago I jumped the gun on a 65 coupe. Sorry to say I learned an expensive lesson.

I'm a slooooow buyer nowadays. I try to learn as much about a car as I can before I even look at it.

I hunted for my current car for 2 years before finding the right one.

I'm prepared to wait longer for the right 71-73 if necessary.

I appreciate the warm welcome and advice!

Thanks and agreed.

Many years ago I jumped the gun on a 65 coupe. Sorry to say I learned an expensive lesson.

I'm a slooooow buyer nowadays. I try to learn as much about a car as I can before I even look at it.

I hunted for my current car for 2 years before finding the right one.

I'm prepared to wait longer for the right 71-73 if necessary.

I appreciate the warm welcome and advice!
What are u looking for.....Mach, vert or ??? Any certain year or options? I'm in middle Tenn and some for sale on CL. Good luck and welcome

Mach or convertible...either ok. I'm almost couped out-haha. I've had 3 coupes, 2 65s and a 68. (I've also had 2 Fox Gts. An '87 and a '90.)

BUT I wouldn't rule out a coupe, but it would have to be the right one for the right price.

I'm not too concerned about the year. Options? PS,PB and Auto. Sick of wrestling with manual steering and 4 speeds. It's kinda like going to the gym, especially if you are parallel parking.

Truth is, the older mustangs are cool, but the 71-73 are all around better cars. A damn nice cruiser and a hot rod/musclecar all wrapped into one package.

I love the look of the 64.5-70s, but without a LOT of work, they are like riding in and driving a tuna can. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

I'm not too far from Louisville, so I keep an eye around Nashville, Cincy and Indy. I limit myself to a around half day drive.

I'll find it. It's out there somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's EXACTLY like the one I fell for 30 years ago. Purdy.

Except that one had a southern accent from the exhaust---haha. Yours is a CAH. That one was a KOR.

Welcome from coastal Alabama. Any luck yet?
Thanks,

Nossir...everything nearby lately is either bombed out, over-priced or both.

Case in point:

https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/4976839683.html

This one has been on CL for months and months. Seller just lowered the price by $300 this weekend. I would think if you haven't sold a car in nearly a year, you might consider a little more than a $300 reduction. Call me crazy.

I'm watching a couple that are a bit above what I want to spend, maybe they'll come down a bit. There have been a couple that are nice, but not quite what I'm looking for. One was a lime green that was cool, but the color kinda scorched my retinas.

Thanks for asking!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I remember that car being out there for awhile. I remember commenting on how at the price they were asking, that I'd be more interested in what's going on with the '85 Trans Am parked next to it. ;) :D

Yes, I did.

It's nice. I've had two red 65 mustangs, and a white 68 with red interior.

I know I sound like a whiny little _______, but I can't hack another red car.

But I really do appreciate the suggestion, thanks.

You should try putting a post on cl wanting to buy the car. I found some great deals on parts that way got a tilt column for $250 that was perfect. Put up a picture of what you are looking for and give some description, Mach 1, CJ, 4 speed etc..

When people don't respond on cl it is not always because they are being a butt. The 72 CJ, vert I got in December was on cl for weeks and I sent several mails with no reply so I bought a 73 vert off ebay and it turned out to be better than described. Anyway the guy contacts me after I had bought the other car. I went and looked anyway he had more than three times what I paid him for the car. He was a truck driver and always on the road and his truck broke and he needed money so I have two verts now, lol.

Spend hours on the net and never pay asking price. Hemmings is also loaded with Mustangs. I was looking this morning and the like 34 mile 73 vert was not there so I guess it sold. This is different one than the 6 cylinder one I saw in post today.

Search know your cars and don't be afraid to make a crazy low offer and go visit with cash in hand that shows you are serious.

David

Back