Met the daughter of Ford Rouge Engine Plant Manager

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
What are the odds of this happening? I had a chance meeting with a woman here in Hendersonville where I live. Her name is Maggie. After talking with her and telling her I had 7 mustangs with 351 C engines I discovered that her dad, Ed MacCormack was the General Manager at the Rouge Engine Plant. He was there 1962 - 1971. Have not talked a lot but hope to hear some more memories from her dad. She said his favorite engine was the 351 C. His last A Plan car was a 69 Boss that is long gone. He is not living but can you imagine all the stories he could tell about the development and production of the engines. I think she said that the 289 engine started in 1958 in development which came out first as I think 221 then 260 then 289 and 302.

She said that he got one of the first 1964 1/2 mustangs built. He went to plant and followed it down the line during assembly. She said he watched his engine for the Boss and car be built also.

I hope some way some how she kept some great stuff he had will find out. You never know who that person next to you is unless you ask.

Back