MOST AWESOME VIDEO EVER!!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! Kind of like a mini prequel to Mad Max!

Nice to see Mad Max hooning it up across the American desert!

After seeing this, being on extended Easter break I made a pilgrimage today to a town called Clunes (about an hours drive away and also where my great great grandfather was born in the 1850's during the gold rush). Clunes was where some of the scenes from the first Mad Max film were shot 33 years ago, so I took a couple of cell phone shots of my car parked in the same spot where the Toecutter's gang were whoopin' it up:

From the film:

f8nKW.jpg

LXTOh.jpg

And my pics from today. The shops are in better condition than 33 years ago, but the Central Garage is still in a post-apocalyptic state...and it looks like the Toecutter's have made off with the old guzzoline bowsers!!

KKQ6J.jpg

yiKWT.jpg

VotEO.jpg

And the scene from the movie (36 seconds in):

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll just leave this picture from the youtube clip here, as I reckon it just about the coolest 71-73 image I've ever seen on the net :cool:

zL4dd.jpg

Or maybe a slightly Australianized version

vbPWm.jpg

Both look great! I wonder what there covering up on the door? And has anyone ever converted one over to right hand drive?
I think the plate on the door is there just for visual effect for the video, maybe to add a bit of extra armor protection from the odd wayward crossbow arrow....

Back