Mustang 123 Eye Candy!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious, all but the one Sprint coupe are shod with Magnum 500 wheels, and you KNOW that, as an option, these cars were likely delivered with the hubcap/beauty ring set up. For this very reason I've held on to keeping my Mach as it came with the 'caps and 'rings. Don't get me wrong, I too, think the Magnums are a real nice looking wheel, but enthusiasts have overdone it to the point of them not being different anymore. Just one Mustang owner's observation.

Now, the standard Mach 1 hubcaps and 'rings are getting harder to find, which makes the standard wheels "special".

Last edited by a moderator:
That's my website, I'd love to add your pictures to the gallery with your permission.

Glad you like them, of course I had to put mine on top, but I love them all.

Curious, all but the one Sprint coupe are shod with Magnum 500 wheels, and you KNOW that, as an option, these cars were likely delivered with the hubcap/beauty ring set up. For this very reason I've held on to keeping my Mach as it came with the 'caps and 'rings. Don't get me wrong, I too, think the Magnums are a real nice looking wheel, but enthusiasts have overdone it to the point of them not being different anymore. Just one Mustang owner's observation.

Now, the standard Mach 1 hubcaps and 'rings are getting harder to find, which makes the standard wheels "special".
I'm with ya brother! I guess what gets me is when I hear someone is running 14 inch Magnums and calling them original to any 71-3 Mustang. OOPS... It is because no one spoke up to let them know these were never offered. The other is the Magnums with trim rings... :)

Ray

IMG_3176.JPG

I'm with ya brother! I guess what gets me is when I hear someone is running 14 inch Magnums and calling them original to any 71-3 Mustang. OOPS... It is because no one spoke up to let them know these were never offered. The other is the Magnums with trim rings... :)

Ray
My '71 is in the body shop getting a down to metal re-paint right now in it's original Medium Yellow Gold color ( which it has always been ). I am ignoring some friends suggestions to go another color, for originality sakes. Over the years, my kids got me the side stripes and a wing for it, and I put those on years ago, however, I'm really considering NOT putting the stripes and wing back on because it wasn't built like that and it's hard to have a car that's different when everybody does the same thing. Funny how being "different" means going as original these days

Back