My 1971 Mach 1Recently Acquired

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Very nice looking car. I wonder why the correct front bumper was replaced with a chrome one? Do you plan to put it back correct? Just curious. With that type of advertised mileage - it makes you wonder why and what really happened to the Mach 1 endura type bumper?

Ray

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Very nice looking car.  I wonder why the correct front bumper was replaced with a chrome one?  Do you plan to put it back correct?  Just curious.  With that type of advertised mileage - it makes you wonder why and what really happened to the Mach 1 endura type bumper?

Ray
Ray-

Thanks for the note.....I do not know that this car has only 19k miles....could be 119k, but it has been well taken care of to be sure. I think the carpet is original, for example.  I should get a better feel over time.  I had COMPLETELY forgotten about the endura bumpers until your inquiry.  My 1972 mach 1 had a chrome bumper, no damage history, and 12k miles when I purchased it in 1975. 1972 Mach 1's were supposed to have endura also, i think.  Interesting to see if this bumper is a re-pop or a Ford made bumper, but I guess all 1971 Mach 1's were supposed to have the endura set-up.  thanks again for pointing this out!  I am glad it is chrome, only for taking care of it, and easier to maintain etc. Time is not kind to plastic and rubber as you know!

Best,

Brad

Back