My 1971 Mach 1Recently Acquired

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Very nice looking car. I wonder why the correct front bumper was replaced with a chrome one? Do you plan to put it back correct? Just curious. With that type of advertised mileage - it makes you wonder why and what really happened to the Mach 1 endura type bumper?

Ray

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Very nice looking car.  I wonder why the correct front bumper was replaced with a chrome one?  Do you plan to put it back correct?  Just curious.  With that type of advertised mileage - it makes you wonder why and what really happened to the Mach 1 endura type bumper?

Ray
Ray-

Thanks for the note.....I do not know that this car has only 19k miles....could be 119k, but it has been well taken care of to be sure. I think the carpet is original, for example.  I should get a better feel over time.  I had COMPLETELY forgotten about the endura bumpers until your inquiry.  My 1972 mach 1 had a chrome bumper, no damage history, and 12k miles when I purchased it in 1975. 1972 Mach 1's were supposed to have endura also, i think.  Interesting to see if this bumper is a re-pop or a Ford made bumper, but I guess all 1971 Mach 1's were supposed to have the endura set-up.  thanks again for pointing this out!  I am glad it is chrome, only for taking care of it, and easier to maintain etc. Time is not kind to plastic and rubber as you know!

Best,

Brad

Latest posts

Back