My 1972 Q code 4 speed convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congrats to that amazing car. i had a 72 convertible just like that. except it had a 302 in it. keep us posted.

having the car in chuck's hand is fortunate.

keep us posted

abudi

Yeah original stuff pics. Ewwwww on the gas tank. Maybe the sludge will turn back into dinosaurs. Could yo get some photos of the vent tube lettering against a ruler for scale? May need to make more rubber stamps. Size of font and distance between if possible? Thanx and keep the original details coming.

I am happy to post the car is running now after 20+ years of sitting inoperable.

:banana:

HUGE thanks to Chuck for all his help!

:udaman:

BTW cars that sit for long periods of time sure can test your patience! :) By his standards it still needs some fine tuning. I am just so happy and pleased the car runs! I really feel as I have more opportunity to drive the car - the better it will be. I know I'll feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very cool to see the whole car improve as we continue getting things re-lubricated and moving again.

Luckily Chuck's extensive electronics background came in very handy while chasing down an annoying electrical short it the ignition circuit. He also expertly rebuilt the Motorcraft 4300D carb. Again he wants to fine-tune it some more before he calls that part done.

20160924_155134_resized.jpg

While the dash pad was out I had the opportunity to change out a deteriorated passenger side heat/air distribution tube. YES DON I actually got my hands dirty!

Well maybe just dusty! :whistling: The old one had become eggshell thin and just crumbled! Thanks To Don at OMS for quickly locating and sending me some very nice used ones! The DS one looked great so I just replaced the one mentioned above. It would have been a LOT easier to install if the windshield had been out but hey - no room for my complaining!! Gotter Done!

20160918_161643_resized.jpg

20160918_161646_resized.jpg

But taking a break for now. During this break time I'll probably be replacing the old 1976 BF Goodrich TA Radial tires! Can't say I trust them much for other than a few blocks! I'll also work some more on the exterior finish. It is looking better but has a ways to go.

Phase 2 will be concentrating on the brakes.

Progress is cool!

Hanging out as we work on this car has simply re-enforced what I already knew - there is one primary reason all Chuck's cars look and run as good as they do!

It is simply CHUCK.

Can't say thanks enough to Chuck! ::thumb:: Seriously!

Ray

Coooool!! :D

I can tell your enthusiasm by reading your post. There's great joy in between the lines.

I'm happy for you.

Ray, great to see you getting the 72 back on the road. I admit I too thought that the "Miller" trailer was Chuck's "enclosed" trailer and thought cool, but a little over kill unless it contained lots of beer! Keep the progress updates coming!

SWEET!! Congrats, Ray and Chuck! As if there were ever any doubt! ::thumb::

CONGRATS! Car looks great and I am sure you will get it running well. It is a blessing to have as skilled of a person as Chuck available to volunteer his time and knowledge to move things forward for you. Now get those last items checked off and start enjoying it.

Ray, I finally got to dig out the box of tail panel trim.

Spread them out, now I need to go through them.

Found a stack of the metal panels too.

Told you not to worry, I had a few sets :whistling:

001.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray, that's great news, now once you get the brakes working you need some cruise night pictures with yours and Chucks car.
Thanks again to everyone for all the encouragement!

::thumb::

Hopefully I'll get some shots with mine in the background - so Chuck's 72 Q-code Mach 1 will make mine look better!!!!!

I wish everyone had the opportunity to see Chuck's car in person.

:cool: It is impressive. -And his runs very well too.

Ray

Back