My 72 Q code conv

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was great to see the car moving under it's own power with you at the wheel. Well done! Chuck

The other night I took the old girl out for a quick cruise to the local auto parts store.

I decided to take the trip out to the same old street I cruised many nights in high school.  Got lots of compliments and many thumbs up!

my 72 conv 12th street.jpg

Just so cool to get it out and drive it.  Lots more work to do!  Enjoying every minute!!!

Ray

Here is the latest underhood pic. Please realize I am just beginning to clean and detail the car. Underhood needs lots of attention too.

As for the breather, I decided to try one last time to respray with paint cans.  A friend of mine convinced me to let him try to paint before resorting to powder coating.  

I think it turned out pretty decent.

20180920_200453.jpg

Ray

I've been driving it a little more and still noticing things that require attention as we work to get all it sorted out. Car still needs quite a bit but the fact that it is running very well with the original Motorcraft 4300d carb is just cool as Hell to me!!  THANKS CHUCK (C9ZX)   I think he should be known as the carb 'whisperer'.  CARB MASTER or something like that - LOL    

Richard (leftmech) has also helped a lot with may things but he has been instrumental with the choke assy and trying to make it work.  It (choke) seems to have a mind of its own!

It starts up great - especially after it is warmed up where it starts by just bumping the ignition!  I like that!!!! And when you turn off the ignition, it dies just as smooth!!! When it fires up I smile each time I hear that familiar 351 Cleveland rumble from the exhaust!!  Brings back 40+ years of memories with me and the car!  

1977 Moore Okla HS Homecoming parade.jpg

My plan is to use the wintertime to replace most of the suspension pieces.  I'm going to try and stay original for the most part.  Probably no urethane bushings or crazy suspension changes.  

Hey for those that have been following this thread - remember how nasty the cooling system was after sitting for almost 30 years???  Well I used a product made by the  EVAPORUST company  but for cleaning out the engine cooling system.  It is called ThermoCure and this stuff did an excellent job!!!

https://www.evapo-rust.com/thermocure/

thermo-cure.jpg

I was very impressed.  Just follow the directions!  Anyway we have flushed it and now have some good ole Prestone anti-freeze in it.  Ready for the winter.  

I am very fortunate to have excellent friends who happen to also own and appreciate Mustangs & performance Ford products!!!  I can't wait to help them more with their own cars and projects!!!!!

Ray

Ray

Forgot I took this pic of my car at  (LIFTMECH) Richard's shop.

Thought it looked kinda cool.

71 M code 4 speed of Richard's in the garage and my 72 Q code 4 speed  just outside.

To his defense - Richard's car has the fender covers and towels on it and diagnostic meters, etc. plugged in.

It is going to be a really fun car. 

Richard and Rays Mustangs 21 Oct 2018.jpg

Ray

Back