My New TMI Sport R Interior Installed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1973machi

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach I
It took some work, but I finally have my Sport R seat covers on and the console modified to fit a 73 Mustang.  I also recessed the ratchet shifter into a box to make it a little shorter.  It is hard to see, but the stitching is in blue on the seats and console.

That is just fantastic; awesome looking interior. Nice work on the ratchet shifter
I just need to make sure to hook everything up before the shifter bolts down into the box without the side access.  I had it in and out a couple of times before I had everything hooked up.

Looks awesome. Can you show a picture of the top of the seat? I am curious on how close the headrest is to the roof.

Or these are the covers over your original seats?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks awesome. Can you show a picture of the top of the seat? I am curious on how close the headrest is to the roof.

These are just covers and new foam on the factory frames.  It really makes the seats more modern.

These are just covers and new foam on the factory frames.  It really makes the seats more modern.
They look great. I have similar covers from TMI but still in the box. Any tips on how you installed them? Yours look tight with no ripples.

They look great. I have similar covers from TMI but still in the box. Any tips on how you installed them? Yours look tight  with no ripples.

Best way is lots of lube (Plastic bags work great) and a steamer.

They look great. I have similar covers from TMI but still in the box. Any tips on how you installed them? Yours look tight  with no ripples.

A little heat and lay the covers out in the hot sun before you start.  I didn't need to use and plastic bags.  They went over the new foam really nice.  One tip is always check your lower seat frame on these cars.  With the high back there is a lot of leverage and start to crack.  Mine has a stress crack in it.  I welded it up and reinforced it.  I want to make sure I don't fall into the back seat on a launch with 750 horsepower.

A little heat and lay the covers out in the hot sun before you start.  I didn't need to use and plastic bags.  They went over the new foam really nice.  One tip is always check your lower seat frame on these cars.  With the high back there is a lot of leverage and start to crack.  Mine has a stress crack in it.  I welded it up and reinforced it.  I want to make sure I don't fall into the back seat on a launch with 750 horsepower.
As i get ready to tackle this project, did you need anything special such as listing wire, hog rings and tool? Or can you reuse the old stuff?

Back