• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need C6 shift lever (detent)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robnbama

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Mach one
Hi everyone, my C6 transmission has the shifter lever on the side of the transmission setup for a column shift but I need the lever for a floor shift. Does anyone have one they might sell me? Thanks in advance. I have attached a photo of the lever.

image.jpg

Hi folks,I have the same situation with my 72 I just purchased. PO put in a C6 out of a column shift car. I found an old post on here that said somebody bought a kit from they thought TCI that would allow the stock floor linkage to bolt up. I cant find the post now and I dont see anything on TCI's website. Anyone out there know of such a kit or any other solution to the problem?

Thanks

good luck, i fought that battle for years! u will be better off using a aftermarket shifter really.

i have my OEM c6 transmission that has that shifter arm in it and i pulled it out and now i'm going to put it back in.

your best bet is to find a cougar and mustang c6 and pull it out of there to be dead honest with you. OR if you are crafty with metal and welding, then just weld on your own piece.

i'm assuming you are wanting to use a OEM shifter. if you do, that arm is super difficult to find. i'd just take out that shifter arm and start modifying it to make the stock shifter and arm work. or pay somebody else to do it.

For what you will pay a retail outlet for one you can buy a whole parts car. NO JOKE! I have seen them for sale online for 4 or 5 hundred bucks.

Buy a ratty parts car and get everything needed and then some.

- Paul

Hi folks,I have the same situation with my 72 I just purchased. PO put in a C6 out of a column shift car. I found an old post on here that said somebody bought a kit from they thought TCI that would allow the stock floor linkage to bolt up. I cant find the post now and I dont see anything on TCI's website. Anyone out there know of such a kit or any other solution to the problem?

Thanks
Here is a link to 460 Ford.Com where Tommy K and I discussed this which shows the part number.

http://www.460ford.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-162057.html

BT

Hi Cobra, I wasn't able to get the mustangs unlimited link to work for some reason. Do you have a part number I can search for? Thanks.

Hi Cobra, I wasn't able to get the mustangs unlimited link to work for some reason. Do you have a part number I can search for? Thanks.
Try typing in "67A256 01" in the search engine on Mustang Unlimited's page.t

BTW, there is also a guy (Dana Sniff) who has made hundreds of these over the years and sold them to folks like Peroiges who have resold them in excess of $200.00. According to Dana, he had not made any for quite some time as he has been busy with his business. He did agree and made one for me a month or so ago. Dana's unit came complete to me with the additional "arm."

Dana has given me permission to pass on his information to anyone on the Site who might need a special order. He can be contacted at "[email protected]."

Hope this helps!

BT

Holy Cow!... I sold my whole trans for $75.00
GREAT point, Jeff!

Only thing is, a lot of time folks have put a LOT of money into a transmission they already have and are missing "that one little thing" that may not have been a part of the build.

That is why a lot of times, it is proven to be a lot cheaper to go with a complete new unit from a reputable entity. Goodness knows, I have learned that time and time again over the years:).

On the other hand, there is a market out there for disassembled engines, transmissions and rear end parts for the do it yourself crowd.

BT

Back