Need help identifying door hinge please.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankenstang71

Reaction score
My Car
71 M code, light pewter 4 spd. ram air, no stripes, no spoiler, deluxe or sport interior needs compete restoration .
We were having trouble adjusting our drivers door and I believe someone installed the wrong door hinge on the drivers side. This hinge stands out about 1/4" taller than the original on the passenger side, It has the letters J1 2fl on one piece and J5 2fl on the back plate. dated 9 30 3F. I googled these letters and found no answers, can anyone tell me what car this hinge is supposed to fit? no other numbers on hinge.

Attachments

• IMG_5302.JPG
    IMG_5302.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
We were having trouble adjusting our drivers door and I believe someone installed the wrong door hinge on the drivers side. This hinge stands out about 1/4" taller than the original on the passenger side, It has the letters J1 2fl on one piece and J5 2fl on the back plate. dated 9 30 3F. I googled these letters and found no answers, can anyone tell me what car this hinge is supposed to fit? no other numbers on hinge.
It’s possible that J is the 9th month and 1 the date. 2 might be the shift 🤷🏻‍♂️

I forgot all about this. After I put a different hinge on it all was right. I threw that hinge out the other day. Thanks for your input. I was wondering if it was off a Torino or something like that.

Back