Need help with power steering hoses

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug The Dog

I'm back!
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351CJ, 5 Speed. Currently being restored. Projected finish date is some day.....
I'm installing my PS hoses tonight, and not sure about routing them correctly. I don't have a cooler and I don't have the long hose that attaches to the export brace. if someone has the same set up, could you post a couple of pictures so I make sure to install them correctly? Thanks,

-Travis

I'm installing my PS hoses tonight, and not sure about routing them correctly. I don't have a cooler and I don't have the long hose that attaches to the export brace. if someone has the same set up, could you post a couple of pictures so I make sure to install them correctly? Thanks,

-Travis
Travis, 71-2's had the long over the brace hose

73's got the shorter hoses and a cooler

73 hoses just route down to the box

Don

Photo's... Mach 1-1973

-Travis

With cooler:

IMG_15031.jpg

IIRC from my mockup, the new replacements are bent differently, so the hold down bracket at the box won't fit.

Back