• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Need LH rear window trim (molding) for 71 fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the molding, it is not perfect it has a ding toward the bottom and some paint on the edge near the corner. My car came with two sets and this one looks like it may have been one of the originals from my car. I guess, I must have decided the other one was better condition, for some reason.
I used the original one from my car with the grabber blue paint on the right side. It wasn't great but the other passenger side one was really rough. The drivers side molding is pretty good though. I took pics of the driver's side molding, you can see the condition of it, notice the ding toward the bottom and the blue paint on the edge. It also has some sort of sealer inside the molding that would need to be cleaned out. It looks like the previous owner of my car must have tried to goop up the rear window to try and fix the leak.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2618.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2618.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_2620.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2620.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_2621.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2621.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 0
I found the molding, it is not perfect it has a ding toward the bottom and some paint on the edge near the corner. My car came with two sets and this one looks like it may have been one of the originals from my car. I guess, I must have decided the other one was better condition, for some reason.
I used the original one from my car with the grabber blue paint on the right side. It wasn't great but the other passenger side one was really rough. The drivers side molding is pretty good though. I took pics of the driver's side molding, you can see the condition of it, notice the ding toward the bottom and the blue paint on the edge. It also has some sort of sealer inside the molding that would need to be cleaned out. It looks like the previous owner of my car must have tried to goop up the rear window to try and fix the leak.
I'm okay with the paint and small ding as long as it will catch all the clips. Do you think it will be hard to remove the sealer used on the underside. Can you shoot a picture of the underside?

Back