• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need Motor Mounts ASAP

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my '73 302 sat low in the fan shroud.  someone mix matched the mounts. I got '71/72 frame and engine mounts and now sits correct. don't recall how high it moved up maybe 1/2 in or so.
I think based on what others are saying here if you used the correct frame mounts for your 7172 motor mounts the height should be the same as your 73 with its correct mounts. Think I'm just going to source some 7172 frame mounts and get the motor mounts that Tony-muscle has.
I should have some 71/72 Frame mounts if you still need them.  Can check at the garage next week.

my '73 302 sat low in the fan shroud.  someone mix matched the mounts. I got '71/72 frame and engine mounts and now sits correct. don't recall how high it moved up maybe 1/2 in or so.
I think based on what others are saying here if you used the correct frame mounts for your 7172 motor mounts the height should be the same as your 73 with its correct mounts. Think I'm just going to source some 7172 frame mounts and get the motor mounts that Tony-muscle has.
I should have some 71/72 Frame mounts if you still need them.  Can check at the garage next week.
Here are the body mounts that I have (still in the car), but Don at OMS said he had a set first, so check with Don.

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

Here are the body mounts that I have (still in the car), but Don at OMS said he had a set first, so check with Don.
Thanks for the reply. I do currently have a set on the way.

I'd be interested in your '73 frame brackets when you swap them out.

Dennis, I have a couple of 73 frame bracket sets

PM me I'll send you a set just pay shipping

What a great guy your are Don!!!!   I need a Boss 351, I would gladly pay shipping on that if your sending it!!!  I always like dealing with you, and send customers to you when I don't have the used parts they need.  You are a true gentleman.

On this topic, has anyone used the 73 frame brackets with the 71-2 mounts to purposely lower the engine the said 1". I wonder if the oil pan would be too close to the cross member, and then you will have to find a way to lower the fan shroud. This will be a good idea for those installing a TKO. In my case I have it with the engine at stock height and since I didn't modify the tunnel, the drivetrain sits at a steeper angle (about +2 degrees). Not a big deal if you match the angle back in the differential, but lowering the engine should help with angles and lowering the center of gravity. However, one downside I don't like is that the headers will be scraping more often. Even worst when I lower my front end with the future planned suspension upgrade.

On this topic, has anyone used the 73 frame brackets with the 71-2 mounts to purposely lower the engine the said 1". I wonder if the oil pan would be too close to the cross member, and then you will have to find a way to lower the fan shroud. This will be a good idea for those installing a TKO. In my case I have it with the engine at stock height and since I didn't modify the tunnel, the drivetrain sits at a steeper angle (about +2 degrees). Not a big deal if you match the angle back in the differential, but lowering the engine should help with angles and lowering the center of gravity. However, one downside I don't like is that the headers will be scraping more often. Even worst when I lower my front end with the future planned suspension upgrade.
Tony you can't just swap out 71-2 VS 73 frame mounts. you would need to drill a hole or slot the 73 mounts to clear the pin in the 71-2 motor mount.

It will work but it is not just a drop in deal

Tony you can't just swap out 71-2 VS 73 frame mounts. you would need to drill a hole or slot the 73 mounts to clear the pin in the 71-2 motor mount.

It will work but it is not just a drop in deal
Thanks. Not planing on doing it, but just putting it out there as a thought for anyone wanting an "easy" way to lower the engine.

What a great guy your are Don!!!!   I need a Boss 351, I would gladly pay shipping on that if your sending it!!!  I always like dealing with you, and send customers to you when I don't have the used parts they need.  You are a true gentleman.
Mike I wish I had a Boss 351

Dennis helps on the forum and like you, the three of us were dealing together for 20 years now ?

If I had an extra Boss 351 to send your way, I would use the original ebay trick... $1.00 for the car and $85,000.00 for shipping rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Thanks it is always a pleasure with you too

Back