Motor Mounts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadking

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1, 351C 2v
FMX transmission
I need to replace the 50 year old motor mounts on my '73 Mustang Mach 1. It's got a 351c 2v H code under the hood. Where is the best place to purchase a new set from? Apparently the type I find the most is the DEA A2257. Am I better off getting the aftermarket from wherever or try to get my original ones redone? Any advise is appreciated.

73 mounts are unique and not available aftermarket. Mustangs Etc offers a rebuild service for the hardtop/sportsroof mounts.

https://www.mustangsetc.com/73-mustang-302-351-motor-mount-rebuilt-fits-coupe-fastback/
The 2257 mounts will not work with the 73 frame stands, you'd need to swap to the 71-72 hardtop/sportsroof part for them to fit properly.
I had already called this company. They're located in Van Nuys California and they want $400 for a reconditioned set with core exchange. Seems a little steep to me so I thought I'd ask you guys. Thanks

I need to replace the 50 year old motor mounts on my '73 Mustang Mach 1. It's got a 351c 2v H code under the hood. Where is the best place to purchase a new set from? Apparently the type I find the most is the DEA A2257. Am I better off getting the aftermarket from wherever or try to get my original ones redone? Any advise is appreciated.
The trick is to use Torino's mounts, need to use two passenger side mounts [OEM- had the four rivets]. can be used with spacers or converted by using your old mustang bottom plate...

search for ... fyi, it's what the reconditioned company does ;^)
Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 8.10.47 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 8.12.14 AM.png

Back