New and Happy Stang Owner!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sik

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Hardtop 302
Hey guys i just bought a 71 mustang hardtop with a 302 in it.

I got it for 1500, with about 300 dollars in registration and plate fees. So far ive replaced the air filter and done a oil change with brad penn 10w-40. It runs like a champ. After about a n hour drive home it was still running cool, i could place my hands on the valve covers without them being hot. Later this week i am going to put new tires and wheels on, replace the power steering pump. Gonna get new spark plugs, disturber cap, and a wires too. My step dad gave me his holley 650 off his 69 mustang since he just brought an edelbrock carb. I just have to rebuild the carb.

thanks guys. I think it was a pretty good deal since it runs great, it does havea lot of small things i need to fix, but none really are that bad. I do need a new driver side fender though. There is a 71 mustang at a local pick and pull i am going to go look at this weekend and see if i can tear a few things off

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

The coupe looks great! Hope you enjoy!!

::welcome::

Welcome from Uruguay!!... you did a great deal... just the kinda money anyone can spend and really enjoy the car aftewards ;)

Make it run good and use it!

thanks for all the warm welcomes guys. Ya i am pretty glad i found this forum too, i was browsing the different forums, and they all seemed to broad and didnt have much focus on the 71-73 mustangs. So this is perfect!!!! And you all seem super knowledgeable with this mustang!

You hit on the perfect Site for your car. A lot of the other mustang forum's are no good for our years because they are the black sheep of the family. There is always one person with an opinion you don't want to here about our cars. Here you will get none of that no matter what you plan on doing with it. Be it a resto mod are fully stock you will get all the help you need and more. But as we get to know you you might get nagged hahaha.

Glad to have you join our little corner of the web.

Last edited by a moderator:
You hit on the perfect Site for your car. A lot of the other mustang forum's are no good for our years because they are the black sheep of the family. There is always one person with an opinion you don't want to here about our cars. Here you will get none of that no matter what you plan on doing with it. Be it a resto mod are fully stock you will get all the help you need and more. But as we get to know you you might get nagged hahaha.

Glad to have you join our little corner of the web.

::welcome:: to the site from Ont Canada

Eric.....I don't think our cars are the "black sheep" more like the red headed step children the rest of the family doesn't want to talk about! lol

Hello and ::welcome:: to our community.

Let's put it this way: This is the site for the manly Mustangs! :D

Eric.....I don't think our cars are the "black sheep" more like the red headed step children the rest of the family doesn't want to talk about! lol

No we are the black sheep hahaha because we are the most bad ass. We have the meanest small block ever to come straight from the dealer in the 351 boss.

And what you said is also not very nice to any redheads who might join the site.

don't h8 rofl lollerz

Hello and ::welcome:: to our community.

Let's put it this way: This is the site for the manly Mustangs! :D
And I wouldn't mind a few "Girly" mustangs here. I see so many of them driving the new models. I am sure there has to be a few out there with the big bad 71/73. I have seen a few in the members list but no post's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back