New carb

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitrousVa

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
Hey guys, I got a question, I just got a new carb for my car and it includes an electric choke (never had one of these before). Does anyone know of a good power source for the choke? Either under the hood or under the dash, it needs to be switched via the ignition switch.

TIA

Robert

0924131849.jpg

Connect it to the STA terminal on the alternator, which is what Ford did for electric choke vehicles. That way the choke is heated only when the engine is running, and not whenever the key is on.

Connect it to the STA terminal on the alternator, which is what Ford did for electric choke vehicles. That way the choke is heated only when the engine is running, and not whenever the key is on.
+1

the engine harness should have a +12v switched power source, its would be used for the anti stall solenoid.
I took a look at it last night, looks like someone cut the wires right down to plug (dumb a$$), I checked and both are switched, just gotta figure out what to do now.

0926131731a.jpg

Back