New from Australia

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Martin

Reaction score
My Car
72 MACH1
Hi, as the title says, I am new to these forums. I live in Queensland and am the proud owner of a 72 MACH1 in Bright Lime, 351Ram Air, FMX, 9 inch rear etc etc. My car originally came out of Texas and has very little rust which is great. I have had the car a couple of years and have just started fitting a Holley Sniper, electronic fuel pump, 16" thermo fan, stuff that hopefully give it modern car reliability. its fabulous!

Andrew, welcome aboard from Brisbane Queensland.
I look forward to hearing more about your electric fan and your fuel injection system. There are about a half dozen Holley systems available. Which one is yours and who is helping you with the modification? I looked at one some time ago but they seemed to be in early design stage then and were allegedly hard to tune. Maybe not so now there are more out there.
Cheers, Roger

Andrew, welcome aboard from Brisbane Queensland.
I look forward to hearing more about your electric fan and your fuel injection system. There are about a half dozen Holley systems available. Which one is yours and who is helping you with the modification? I looked at one some time ago but they seemed to be in early design stage then and were allegedly hard to tune. Maybe not so now there are more out there.
Cheers, Roger
Hi Roger, thanks mate. I am going with the 550-510 Holley Sniper. I talked to a few guys before deciding and all said it was the best spec for my 351-2V Ram Air. The thermo is a single 16" Davies-Craig, have used them in the past and are good solid units. I am waiting for a Holley HO12-810 oil pressure activated fuel safety switch to show up then I can started fitting the electronic fuel pump etc. I am doing it myself so it's a case of baby steps😂🤣😂 I am also going to upgrade the alternator and bigger capacity battery.

Hi Roger, thanks mate. I am going with the 550-510 Holley Sniper. I talked to a few guys before deciding and all said it was the best spec for my 351-2V Ram Air. The thermo is a single 16" Davies-Craig, have used them in the past and are good solid units. I am waiting for a Holley HO12-810 oil pressure activated fuel safety switch to show up then I can started fitting the electronic fuel pump etc. I am doing it myself so it's a case of baby steps😂🤣😂 I am also going to upgrade the alternator and bigger capacity battery.
I am also interested in how the sniper EFI install goes I am in the middle of restoring my 71 Mach and have a tentative plan for Sniper EFI and electiric fuel pump in tank if budget allows at that point of the build.

Latest posts

Back